| NEWS Early betting lines released for five Alabama Football games - 247Sports

B

Bama News

With no college or professional sports taking place at the current time (sans UFC) due to the coronavirus, fans look ahead to college football in the Fall of 2020. Now is as good a time as any to take a look at the early betting lines for some of the biggest games.

Fox Bet released the lines for many teams, including Alabama’s big contests against the SEC and one non-conference foe. With no Tua Tagovailoa throwing the football, Nick Saban’s squad is going to be an interesting team to watch for in the race for the College Football Playoff.

Out of the five games released by Fox Bet, the Crimson Tide are favored in four of them.

Alabama opens up with USC in Dallas in a kickoff neutral site game on September 5th. The Crimson Tide are 13.5 point favorites over the Trojans.

On September 19th, Alabama gets an early date with the Georgia Bulldogs, a potential SEC Championship game. Since Alabama is hosting, they currently sit at 4.5 point favorites over Georgia.

Fast forward to November 7th, after a bye week, Alabama heads down to Louisiana to take on Ed Orgeron and his defending National Champion LSU Tigers. With the loss of Joe Burrow, LSU figures to take a small step back but they are still the early favorites over Alabama. The Crimson Tide are one point underdogs in this match up.

Two weeks later on November 21st, Alabama hosts Texas A&M and they are a definitive favorite. The Crimson Tide sit as 9.5 point favorites over the Aggies.

In the regular season finale, the Iron Bowl versus Auburn on November 28th, Alabama is a definitive favorite again. Since they host this year, Fox Bet lists Alabama as a touchdown favorite (seven points) over Auburn.

jlabit

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
LSU lost more than Joe Burrow. It is also a revenge game for us. Although it's played in Death Valley, I see us as a 14 point favorite in this one. That is assuming our starters are not sidelined with injuries, like last year.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Wow, really riding last season for LSU. I still think they play well and have a good year, but they will not come close to reaching the heights of last season. They blew the lid off last year, and I cannot imagine they go undefeated or have as prolific of an offense. I still have a slight grin to think we only lost by five, Auburn by three, and everyone else just got clobbered. Mainly Clemson, Georgia, and Oklahoma.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Interesting that post-Tua these lines are single digit. Seems like they are either expect us to not score as much or these other teams are better than I am expecting. I am looking for the improvements on D to offset any reduction in offense (if that actually occurs). That would still result in the same margins of victory which would be double digits.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
There are several teams that'll be behind the 8-ball if there is no practice, at all, before we hit summer and/or fall.

Since you've mentioned LSU consider that not only are they losing their starting QB and passing game coordinator (and his assistant) they're bringing in new guys for all those positions, right?

Where is the time for the Tigers new QB to get to know his OC or their system if he's not in spring ball? Fact of the matter is Kirby is facing something very similar (and that last bit with Newman should make Bama a pretty good favorite going into the game against UGA in Tuscaloosa.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Very good points. Hadn't thought about that since they really just put the ax on all Spring practicing. You're very correct, and it'll be difficult for Coach O and Curbee to get it together with new staff members and new pieces to the puzzle that are in important positions. To me it looks like Ohio State, Clemson, and Alabama are in the best position as most coaches were retained, we all have returning quarterbacks (of sorts), strong running backs, strong receivers, and for the most part a strong core of defensive returnees.

Oklahoma, Oregon, and a few other contenders are missing valuable practice time as well as they bring in new pieces. Hate to even think it, but watch out for Notre Dame too as they bring back a lot of pieces. USC as well.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Activity related to football, IE: recruiting, is something I suspect we'll hear of schools "skirting the rules" and simply reporting secondary violations for illegal contact.

Football related activities, like organized practices, will be very difficult to hold behind closed doors especially with mandates that buildings are to be closed.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
@BamaFan334, I hope we're able to see all the players get a chance to at least have some off-season practice time. I'd hate to see one conference allow practice to resume and then another take an opposite approach. I could tack "cautiously" on to "optimistic" here but I don't feel comfortable enough to go that far.

It's literally a situation where we're going to be guessing on what the NCAA will do and that game never works out well.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Well....some are but the only ooc foe that could be competitive...is USCw....
Until playoffs....and by then its 12/13 games later.......
So none of that will matter....
......just hope we get "things" in shape to where football is a topic of discussion

Top Bottom