| RECRUIT ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Defensive Tackle, Tim Keenan, (6-2, 340lb) commits to Alabama!

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Saturday announcement.

2.jpg

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I saw we made the Final 3 for Camar Wheaton. I also saw where Rivals said it's between Oklahoma and us. Leaning heavy Oklahoma, but to still be in it means good things too.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
That's what he told the OU staff during their "Sooner Summit." I wouldn't count out LSU.

(Which I'm still trying to figure that one out with recruiting so restricted right now.)

Destiny's Child

It's Rolling Baby
Century Club
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Saw this Tim Keegan guy in person a few times. I thought he killed our old QB one play. Looked similar to the late hits he put on a few QB's on his junior film. He moves real well, seems to understand his role, has a mean streak and is definitely north of 320 lbs. I would also say that he may not be over 6 foot unless he has gotten taller since I saw him last which is entirely possible. It was the year before last when he came to our place. I work the box on the chain gang so I stand on the opposing teams sidelines and always on the line of scrimmage so I get a good look.
When he came to the sidelines wearing a helmet and cleats.. I was taller than him and I am 6"3 & 1/2

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I was thinking of a shorter version of Terrance Cody. He has the girth and looks to have the strength to push the pocket. He won't be a 3 down guy though. I know we have other DLs on the list, but is this one headed our way @TerryP ? It seems he has a teammate that is All Barner!!!

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
You have to slap me every once in a while!!! I lock in like these students and don't pay attention. I went on 247 after I commented and "duh?" We have offered 17 DTs, with 2 commits in Payne and Barnes. Maason Smith is the only one I think still has us in the mix.

NickelDoubleDog

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I didn't get this impending commit either, but read that Kirby and Orgeron both also love Keenan, so I'll defer to the experts. But Bama has landed quite a few 300+ lb DTs in recent classes that I figured this spot would be reserved to being able to fill other needs.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Ain't no thang.

I've seen so many people step over these guys announcements the last few years...not going there. It's not more than a suggestion to watch, ya know?

I think there's only one bio I've posted that hasn't pulled the trigger yet: Kool-Aid.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Yep! You’ve got to able to do more on the hardwood besides run and dunk! We had a DB here at the HS when I was coaching that was around 6’ 2” 185. He could run like a deer and could leap as well. He couldn’t dribble with his off hand and couldn’t shoot anything outside of 5 feet!!! Our DB coach told straight up, “kids like you are a dime a dozen! You ain’t special! You play DB, you can go to school for free, but you ain’t going to get a sniff from basketball coaches!” He went to college on a football scholly.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
@TerryP have you heard anything about the possible numbers for this class yet? What about our "needs" position wise? Just a run down on what we have so far.
QB-1
DB- 3
ATH- 1 likely a DB
OL- 4
DT-2
DE-2
ILB-2
OLB-1
WR-3

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I went to Ramsay my freshman and sophomore years ('84 - '86). We didn't have football or boys' soccer (had a girls team...), which hurt me. Now they've fielded a football team ( a few years ago). Not only is Keenan's commit pretty important for himself, but the school needs to hang its helmet on a big-time commit.

Top Bottom