Basketball Decision to not play in the NIT is a thing now

planomateo

Ready to put Tejas in the rear view, hello Montana
ADMINISTRATION
HARRY'S
Realize this is the players' decision, but seems to me this is getting outta hand.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Georgia said they were declining too.

Telling you man, social media has killed society and just opened up a new world and rhelm of possibility that is nowhere bear honorable. Not saying Facebook caused this instance, but it has brought on a social injustice of everything that has allowed so many people to voice their factless opinions and stir the pot on so many issues, that these are the kind of decisions being made as a result of it all.

Instead of thinking, "hmm, maybe we can just let the walkons and bench guys play, they vote not to play". Just selfish bullshit.

planomateo

Ready to put Tejas in the rear view, hello Montana
ADMINISTRATION
HARRY'S
NBA has 30 teams, and have 12-15 active roster spots per team (360-450 on the active roster in the league). Cut this by position and the number gets even smaller. I get the player trying to protect themselves for the draft from an injury standpoint...just not sure I'm a fan of sitting out.

Do they stop driving cars as well to remove additional injury risks prior the draft?

@Birdman37 don't disagree with you on the NIT, but the sum of the parts is greater...

It's one thing if the team/athletic department/school (UGA) makes the decision to not accept an NIT bid. But, players not playing because they don't want to? Take out an insurance policy and play.

utstnx

TIDE FOR LIFE
I cant say i blame them......football has been ding this a long time and there are whole lot more spots in football than basketball. surprised more don't sit out and bide there time....

Coach Bryant was more than correct.........

“The old lessons (work, self-discipline, sacrifice, teamwork, fighting to achieve) aren’t being taught by many people other than football coaches these days. The football coach has a captive audience and can teach these lessons because the communication lines between himself and his players are more wide open than between kids and parents. We better teach these lessons or else the country’s future population will be made up of a majority of crooks, drug addicts, or people on relief.”