| FTBL Dabo is just a clown. He'd never last or be able to handle a job like Bama's.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
@Vabama77
@TerryP
@TideatMileHigh
Really...
It is pure envy...
If he was at bama....
Everyone would say...."thats in past...just put together another top 3 class and another NC"...
Adding Dabo and his bama connections....my time at Clemson......love him and his program....
Could not handle "fishbowl " at Ttown....he seems to be handling it fine in CF nation.... has to be top 2-3 HCs....with NS first... and probably will win NC this year
And go to 30 in a row.... with QB returning next year.... goodness...
If u get outta alabama ...you hear some shitty things said about Saban...
.....thats envy on others also.... green slimy envy..... cause Bama has him and others dont...
Roll tide

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Envious of what? His "woe is me" schtick? His "poor ol' Clemson" schtick? His staff?

His good ol' boy and the way that is tolerated by the media at Clemson would not be treated the same way in Tuscaloosa.
His staff? I don't want Todd Bates anywhere around the program. That's not anecdotal; it's based on facts, things we know to be true.
Clemson's winning streak? I've enjoyed watching a few of those at Bama but never with the asterisk of "only one ranked team in the conference" like last season and this one currently.

There are no similarities between being the head coach at Clemson and being the head coach at Alabama. Not a single one other than title.

Vabama77

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Nope 2 completely different jobs...to the point about coach I've lived here in VA for 16 years and haven't heard much other than respect here for coach and what we ve done this past decade. Folks may not like CNS but they damn sure respect him. I was at the South Carolina game this year and their fans said more than a few times "please kick Clemson's ass when u play them again". Clemson is a very strong program but dabos "poor ole me " shit is wearing thin and people realize it. Never heard CNS called a cheater either, dabo DOES have the baggage that would concern me. There's even talk of a money funneling operation that goes through a church in Clemson.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Terry...who ever was a "woe is us" bigger thanBEAR......
So....i dont see that as a deficit....probably learned it from watching "the Bear Bryant show..." or from Stallings....surprisingly more HCs dont take that road...
And good ole boy...is what he is...relates to players...gets a lot out of them.
@Vabama77 .....may not be criticized in va but elsewhere...and I really dont care what the envy fans say....l just laugh...

Clemson winning streak...at 28....includes wins over #1 bama......@AnM....USCe...thats 3 SEC teams..top #4.Notre Dame...#15 Syracuse...
2019 ACC really sux...so clemson schedule did.....as did...BAMAs...
Those that defend bamas schedule...dare criticize Clemsons?????????
If it gets to 30.....then add...2 more top #4s...we'll see...
I dont think bamas win steaks have been over 28....( gonna be tough to do with CF playoffs)...

No similarity between bama n clemson.....lol....
Except....both NC coaches of clemson.....both played at bama..( Ford and my sister were classmates at Gadsden high...i went to a zillion Gadsden HS games..one year .they actually only got scored on in one game...a running TD by....pat Trammel....thats the way I remember it any way)
Frank Howard....also....lol....

But as far as historically...You’re right..few places do....roll tide on that...

His staff...don’t know....dont care... if he or staff do wrong...it'll come out...

My love is bama...100%.....but I respect DABO and Clemson.....
And I wouldn’t bet against a back to back for them...

Last edited:

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Clemson right now should be in the No#1 sport! But no one has won it in that spot!

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Good lord, Coach Bryant? You're comparing him talking about other teams. He never was caught up in what a sports media person had to say about him and commented on it during his pressers. Two different people, times, and more importantly personalities.
If you honestly think the media scrutiny at Clemson is a 1/10th of what it is at Bama you don't understand the program in Tuscaloosa as well as I assumed.. We've seen three coaches who could handle the scrutiny of the media. We've seen three coaches who could handle the booster and admin needs to be involved by keeping them at arms length. We saw it with Bryant, we saw it with Stallings, and we're seeing it with Dabo. He, Dabo, is not built that way.

What you need to come to grasp with is when Dabo was in Tuscaloosa his hands were far from clean when it came to recruiting. He, along with DuBose, thought they were above and beyond the rule of law simply because they were at Bama. The same was true about McCorvey and Cottrell ... the list goes on here.

Having covered Dabo when he was in Tuscaloosa I can speak to these things with authority. I've seen it, first hand.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
It did, ostarine, which ol' Dabo claimed "he'd never heard of before." That line was bullshit in every sense of the word.

I'd also assume you'd put two and two together with defensive linemen getting caught with PED's and their position coach who also was caught when he was a player using banned substances.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
A different slant, if not Dabo then who would be on the list that you would prefer over Dabo? Dabo has won and has the hardware to show for it.

I personally was not aware of any of the NCAA stuff but if true yes that is a problem. If true it will eventually bite him at Clemson.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
OSTARINE.....trying to comfuse me using big word they didn't teach us at cow..horse...chicken ....eastern ,....upper eastern....colleges...

Bama had players removed for beating up a student for MJ money....?
Reinstsed one...recruitd one for domestic assault....( later dismissed...but)
Had a coach fired for violating ( getting caught) recruiting rules....
Others....some caught..some not...
Has clemson ever spent 10 years on probation?
I dont know answer to that but don’t remember...
"Don't poop where you eat" as my dad use to say...things go on everywhere...

No compare to BEAR.....nobody compars to bear...Just that Bear talked his team down...then kick ur ass..Dabo talks his team down..then kick ur ass..
You are just picking and choosing what u dont want to like...like u do Kirby
Whats not to like...about guy...Dabo ...he did this or that...
Just be transparent and say...I hate him and his style...ok...i can buy that..but not BS of picking and choosing and stating it as facts...

Nick Saban."I amnot going to Alabama"...presser when he was at Dolphins
And we love him...i sure thankful he chose bama... and i dont care what he said in presser....( thats being transported and fact ful..even if quote aint 100%..but close)

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
@50+yeartidefan, there's so much in that post I'm not sure what to respond to...or if I should.

It's a <rant> by all definitions. 👏 Everyone needs one sometimes!

Vabama77

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Correct on all points Terry, and to further the discussion I'll take the character of our players over any roster In the country any time and twice on Sunday. If memory serves the kid saban did let back on the team from the beating incident ended up being above reproach the rest of his career. If any of our guys were caught with PEDs like the Clemson players were the national media would have wanted sabans head. Since it was good ole dabo they let it slide.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Implicated and directly implicated is where you've chosen to draw this line? Okay.

Now, if we really want to look at the Clemson program back in the early '80's we can. What they were busted for started under Charley Pell. He wasn't implicated until he was busted at his next job: Florida.

Few and far between were the people around Clemson who didn't realize what their staff was up to. Hell, players were even walking around campus bragging; to a point one could characterize them as wearing "sanctions like a badge of honor."

All of that goes in one direction, a demonstration showing a culture up there existed where they would skirt the rules as often as they could. The same could be found in Tuscaloosa under the DuBose regime. And with regard to this thread, from Dabo himself.

I fear just because a guy is "Bama alum" you automatically give them a free base, as it were. There are those who deserve no such quarter.

Top Bottom