| LIFE CV-19: Effects on life, work, and sports

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club
The tone of that article would be completely different were Trump still in office. Pure speculation on my part for sure but it is interesting to watch how things are reported. Biden admin not wanted to paint a rosier picture to manage how people react. Under Trump that is lying. Not so under Biden. Same end goal was to manage peoples behaviors.

Oh and as far as the article goes that is great news.

His three weeks in office produced a miracle. We're safe now, this thing is juuuuuuust about over.

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Century Club
It's curious that things are sunnier now. NBC, ABC, and CBS nightly news no longer kick off the program with "the worst of the pandemic is yet before us. We are heading towards a deadly (insert whatever season is next). Today marked another...grim...new milestone.....hospitals and emergency rooms on the verge of total collapse.....doctors are quitting, there are 2 ventilators left between 12 major cities, new evidence that you can catch the virus in dreams as well, Dr Fauci recommends masking up at bedtime"

Articles highlighting the upside would have never come out say...2 months ago :unsure:

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
It's curious that things are sunnier now. NBC, ABC, and CBS nightly news no longer kick off the program with "the worst of the pandemic is yet before us. We are heading towards a deadly (insert whatever season is next). Today marked another...grim...new milestone.....hospitals and emergency rooms on the verge of total collapse.....doctors are quitting, there are 2 ventilators left between 12 major cities, new evidence that you can catch the virus in dreams as well, Dr Fauci recommends masking up at bedtime"

Articles highlighting the upside would have never come out say...2 months ago :unsure:

I have to admit, with a 77% decline over the last six weeks, it wouldn't have been accurate two months ago.

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club
These are not serious people (the ones in charge)...

Ha ha ha ha, I cannot believe that this is where some people are. I cannot believe that they think this is solving a problem. You look at this and have to wonder who in the hell is running the future of our kid's success. I would tell all of my kids, under the age of ten that they could tell their teacher to "f@*k off" if they tried to put them in one of these, or they couldn't participate. One cuss word, just this once kids...

bama alum

Crimson Tide Club
Ha ha ha ha, I cannot believe that this is where some people are. I cannot believe that they think this is solving a problem. You look at this and have to wonder who in the hell is running the future of our kid's success. I would tell all of my kids, under the age of ten that they could tell their teacher to "f@*k off" if they tried to put them in one of these, or they couldn't participate. One cuss word, just this once kids...

A LOT of what we have to do to keep kids in school is to abide by the dictates of the ADPH.

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Century Club
Dr. Herbstreit's prediction on the 2020 season, both college and professional, isn't too encouraging.

Kirk Herbstreit doesn't believe college football or the NFL will be played in 2020

The year is already off to a terrible start in many aspects but it may go down as the worst year in football history if Kirk Herbstreit is accurate.

We are all currently being affected in some aspect following the outbreak of the coronavirus and hoping to return to normal as soon as possible but the way the ESPN college football analyst sees it, this fall may be much the same.

In fact, Herbstreit recently shared his firm belief that there will be no college football or NFL played this fall.

“I’ll be shocked if we have NFL football this fall, if we have college football. I’ll be so surprised if that happens,” Herbstreit recently said according to TMZ Sports.

The ESPN analyst further explained his opinion is based on the fact we likely won’t have a vaccine for the coronavirus for some time. When you take that into consideration, it may be tough for football to continue until that time arrives.

“Just because from what I understand, people that I listen to, you’re 12 to 18 months from a vaccine,” Herbstreit continued. “I don’t know how you let these guys go into locker rooms and let stadiums be filled up and how you can play ball. I just don’t know how you can do it with the optics of it.”

Who’s ready to fast forward to 2021 already?
I hope we have college football in 2020 ;)

TerryP

Ivory Club
Today is the first day that bars can serve past 11PM in SC. Limitations, or I should say having to ask permission, to have events with over 250 people ended yesterday as well.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Today is the first day that bars can serve past 11PM in SC. Limitations, or I should say having to ask permission, to have events with over 250 people ended yesterday as well.

Georgia and Alabama (I think) haven't been subject to hours limitations in some time. Although the liberal press will never give him credit, GA's governor averted a major economic hit here, both by keeping things more open and making early cuts to state spending.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Georgia and Alabama (I think) haven't been subject to hours limitations in some time. Although the liberal press will never give him credit, GA's governor averted a major economic hit here, both by keeping things more open and making early cuts to state spending.
Did you catch the article about Bristol bars and restaurant patrons crossing the street when 10PM hit? Different state regulations between TN and VA. It was on Outkick I believe. Interesting owner story.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
I got to see my first real concert last night since I saw Sturgill Simpson and Tyler Childers at BJCC last winter. Jamey Johnson and Randy Houser in an acoustic set, playing together and having a good time. They are good friends, and they were in Atlanta for a three night stand at the new Roxie at Battery Park by the Braves Stadium. Social distancing was the order of the evening, and our table of four was surrounded on three sides by a double row of crowd control fencing, no cash could change hands and you couldn't stand in line for a beer - all automated and cashless. Every table was full, but a sparse crowd compared to most press-the-flesh honky tonk events. They were just having a good time, Johnson opened with a Tom T. Hall classic, "Faster Horses", and said at one point, "we're playing in my living room, and we decided to invite you guys in." Randy Houser had some success eight or fifteen years ago, he has a Brooks and Dunn type voice, but stronger and better, and he can play. As a casual listener of contemporary country, I learned songs I'd attributed to Brooks/Dunn were actually him. What Whiskey Does is a keeper. My son opened for him at the Grizzly Rose in Denver last winter, so I was a little more familiar with him than I would've been.

What a great show. Things are getting better. Hang in there.

RTR,

Tim

Attachments

• IMG_1536.MOV
    3.2 MB · Views: 3

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Been rumors the past few days that Ivey was going to give the all clear later this week. I had my doubts, but I'm starting to be a believer now... Wondering if a few Republican governors holding out have made a deal to all open up when current orders expire?

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
I got to see my first real concert last night since I saw Sturgill Simpson and Tyler Childers at BJCC last winter. Jamey Johnson and Randy Houser in an acoustic set, playing together and having a good time. They are good friends, and they were in Atlanta for a three night stand at the new Roxie at Battery Park by the Braves Stadium. Social distancing was the order of the evening, and our table of four was surrounded on three sides by a double row of crowd control fencing, no cash could change hands and you couldn't stand in line for a beer - all automated and cashless. Every table was full, but a sparse crowd compared to most press-the-flesh honky tonk events. They were just having a good time, Johnson opened with a Tom T. Hall classic, "Faster Horses", and said at one point, "we're playing in my living room, and we decided to invite you guys in." Randy Houser had some success eight or fifteen years ago, he has a Brooks and Dunn type voice, but stronger and better, and he can play. As a casual listener of contemporary country, I learned songs I'd attributed to Brooks/Dunn were actually him. What Whiskey Does is a keeper. My son opened for him at the Grizzly Rose in Denver last winter, so I was a little more familiar with him than I would've been.

What a great show. Things are getting better. Hang in there.

RTR,

Tim

I almost pulled the trigger on tickets to their B'ham show coming up, but balked. I enjoyed Jamey Johnson the only time I saw him. I'm pretty choosy about who I go see live, but I'd see him again in a heartbeat.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Been rumors the past few days that Ivey was going to give the all clear later this week. I had my doubts, but I'm starting to be a believer now... Wondering if a few Republican governors holding out have made a deal to all open up when current orders expire?

A coworker in Austin mentioned today it felt too early.

I'll be glad when this mask nonsense is over.

@ Kyle Field will be a treat this year, October 9th. Bet your ass they'll be at 100%.... insert Dan Mullen joke.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
The honorable guvnor of the ‘Sip just lifted basically all restrictions except some for schools. Of particular note restaurants back to capacity and mask requirement lifted for retail stores etc

I feel safer already

XXL TideFan

Seer
Bama Club
School exists to teach kids to be good little taxpayers.
.........or parasites. The system is designed to turn out dependents. Designed to take half of the population from cradle to grave dependent on the largesse of the gov. Needless to say this is leftovers that the gov has taken from the half that puts shoulder to wheel daily. The same gov that is in the wealth redistribution business then sets about fanning the societal flames over wealth inequality.

Schools exist today to replace GOD with gov.

Last edited: