| OT CV-19: Effects on life, work, and sports

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Reaction score
@mando

if the deposed leader will go somewhere and STFU and all the others quieten down, then you will start to see the media turn on their own darlings. This “new” media is completely built on negative reporting. They have addicted the masses to some new snide wet corncob being thrown every 5 minutes. You can’t replace that venomous rhetoric with “doddering POTUS ties his own shoes twice in one week” and expect those addicts to be satisfied. The best thing true conservatives can do is go into defilade and wait for the cannibalism to begin

JMO

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Conflict makes a lot of money for the News and Social Media. They are not going to give that up so yes they will turn to whatever puts eyes on them. However I do think there is some additional stuff at play here with regards to liberal views and the media that is very biased, unhealthy and marginalizes a huge part of America.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
absolutely agree. The true believers do not want “unity” they want eradication of the “conservative” ideology. Spin it how you want whether that is guns, social policy, fiscal policy etc. they have spoke into law that anything that does not align with their beliefs is automatically “racist”. It is the new McCarthyism. Once accused and tried in the court of public opinion the individual, organization etc is basically fucked because there is no outlet to offer evidence to the contrary. McCarthyism burned some communist spies but it also torched some innocent folks both accidentally and for sheer perversity

this cancel culture has outed some hateful spiteful racists but it has torched some good people also and unfortunately rarely by accident

strange days

an addendum. I’ve always said I do not want to live in a theocracy when debating those of my brethren that wanted to limit who someone could marry or whether a man can buy beer on a Sunday etc

strangely I find myself thinking I ampretty much living in a godless theocracy brought about by the newpolitik

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
7 day average of vaccine prior to POTUS Biden was 980,000. Context is important.

Don't know why it's taken 45 days to get to this number.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I understand this to be there's one small program who have had a few test positive but Michigan is shutting down their entire department (with daily testing.)

At least Whitmer decided she's allowing restaurants and bars to reopen...give those guys something to salve their wounds.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
We now have these liberal people running the country. Lord help us because common sense and decency will take a back seat to enabling deprived thinking. It will not be called that. It will be wrapped around softer language so they can feel better about supporting the decisions. The language used will be framed so that you will be viewed as bad (racist, white supremacist etc..) if you disagree.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
My wife sister and her husband both got it. She found out they got it from their pastor. Is she live in Delaware.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
This is far from shocking, but that doesn't make it any less sad... I know folks love making fun of Alabama's education system, and it's far from where it needs to be, but I'm very thankful that (in my hamlet at least), they have kept the schools open this year.

Top Bottom