| OT CV-19: Effects on life, work, and sports

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
If CFP gets delayed, then SECC gets delayed, and hopefully we get a shot at LSU.

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Century Club
Reaction score
Fucking Ivy League trying to fuck everyone for the third time. Watch this be the first domino towards the cancellation of the 2021 NCAA basketball tournament and the College World Series. Again. They should just pull the damn plug on ALL sports from now on if they are this petrified

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Garner Webb had three positive tests yesterday out of over 300 administered. As a result of contact tracing, they lost eight of their 11 offensive lineman. At the very least, five of those tested negative but are out.

Truly bizarre decisions based on contact tracing to guys who are testing negative while asymptomatic.

A question was posed yesterday about these players testing positive: "How many do you think were surprised they tested positive?"

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Musk has an agenda - getting California to relax work rules so his factory can run at full capacity.

I've never believed much he's said. If not for the other automakers being forced to give him hundreds of millions to purchase e-vehicle credits, his companies wouldn't exist.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
My CFO tested positive over the weekend. I was in contact with him on Thursday and Friday, but luckily I don't feel anything. Gonna work from home for a few days just to allow them to fog the office and hopefully nothing else will come of it.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Montana has been in a statewide mask mandate since July for counties with a certain number of covid cases. All the populated counties have been wearing masks since July Missoula county is one of those.

Missoula is a liberal leaning city. Having said that, they've been pro mask since the beginning, you have to wear mask in public. Why are cases surging here if everyone is wearing masks?

Many in service industries have to wear masks all day. Schools are back in session, unclear if masks are worn there all day. University is a mix of virtual and in person learning.

Kinda interesting...

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score

I'm not sure if you can get past the pay wall, but the daily data from the Wall Street Journal is really interesting. The county by county interactive map gauging new cases is also available on the main page at www.wsj.com Fascinating that a state like Georgia, where the governor opened the economy and schools, and South Carolina and Florida, are having relatively few new cases. New York, which was ravaged earlier, is low in spite of what you read.

It's a busy graphic, and the paste below is not interactive like the real one, but you get the idea. Most recent week, and a daily rate of 70 or more gets the high level, which would be 490 cases out of 100,000 for a week, or 0.5 percent. Midwest population centers, like Chicago, are surging.

From a Montana standpoint, since the vast majority of Montana counties have fewer than 50,000 residents, the per 100,000 rate is actually higher than the number of cases. Madison County, MT has a rate of 127 per 100,000, but a population of just 8,600, so that infection rate would mean over the last week there have been about 75 new cases.

RTR,

Tim

1605695607647.png

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Chalk me up as one who is sick and tired of the public service announcements on how to "protect yourself from COVID." It's not the message, it's how it's delivered that drives me N.U.T.S.

This morning on the local news.

"Be sure to wash your hands for 20 seconds or sing Happy Birthday."

I've got a few errands to run today and I'm tempted to stop by every hand sanitizing station I find and sing.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Don't ask Google Assistant for help washing your hands. She suggests 40 seconds and sings a stupid ass song the entire time.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Missoula County implemented some new controls 3 weeks ago. They aren't working, anticipate further controls soon.

The outgoing Governor also mandated a change that everyone in public will be required to wear masks, regardless of the number of cases the other day. Sort of odd, because I'm under the impression that when the health department mandates this, you cannot legally fight this.

Many of the restaurants are struggling in town. They've adapted, but still struggling.

Just find it strange that positive cases are climbing at 60+ per day in Missoula County when masks are being worn. Perhaps it's rising as its cold out and people are gathering indoors without masks.

Two people at work have spouses that are helping with tracing.

Top Bottom