| LIFE CV-19: Effects on life, work, and sports

TerryP

Ivory Club
In Collin County in Texas you have to show ID to vote. Here in Montana, it's mail in ballot, so not sure how it works in person.

Filled out my ballot last night.

i-NdCdptt-X3.jpg
if you mail it today it should be there by Christmas, right?

mando

Sideline Club
The "I am in charge regimes" feel empowered with the Biden/Harris election. More of this stuff coming so get ready. According to the South Dakota Governor, this guys state is like #2 in terms of cases per 100000 people so his credibility is not high. Also, has the attitude of superiority with his we follow science comment. Full disclosure I tried to find this info but only saw the 7 day rolling average numbers.

In an interview with the South Dakota Governor, she basically quoted the info above and said something to the effect she did not think the NYC Governors policy was something that should be modelled after based on those results. Of course she is a Republican Governor.

The erosion of rights happening right before your eyes. When a person starts dictating what you do in your home it is not going to end well one way or the other.

rocknthefreeworld

Century Club
A member of Biden's task force on Covid is already calling for a 4-6 week nationwide shutdown. Says we can just borrow the money to pay everyone during that time and get control of it. We know how that would work though, people get a pittance and Dems favorite things get a ton. And of course the economy goes into the toilet for years to come.

mando

Sideline Club
A member of Biden's task force on Covid is already calling for a 4-6 week nationwide shutdown. Says we can just borrow the money to pay everyone during that time and get control of it. We know how that would work though, people get a pittance and Dems favorite things get a ton. And of course the economy goes into the toilet for years to come.

But mask are the silver bullet I thought, is that not working? I do believe masks help, but at some point you have to allow people to be responsible for themselves and their families. If they do not self regulate that is on them (yeah you are going to say but they give it to others, well the others have to also self regulate who they are around). Difference in individual rights and accountability and I am smarter than you mindsets especially you deplorables.

More evidence of the superiority mindset:

rocknthefreeworld

Century Club
By the time that is an issue we should all be vaccinated.

Do you really believe that there will be enough vaccinated to make a difference? I know fewer people who will take the vaccine than wear masks.

But mask are the silver bullet I thought, is that not working?

How many are actually wearing them whenever they are around anyone who doesn't live in their home? When their kids come to visit, do they all sit around in masks? There is a great argument that 100% mask usage would keep us from having it as bad as we do now. Not going to get into that one way or the other though.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Do you really believe that there will be enough vaccinated to make a difference? I know fewer people who will take the vaccine than wear masks.

How many are actually wearing them whenever they are around anyone who doesn't live in their home? When their kids come to visit, do they all sit around in masks? There is a great argument that 100% mask usage would keep us from having it as bad as we do now. Not going to get into that one way or the other though.
IMO Mask don't work period. The kind most of us use. There is evidence that lockdowns don't work either. Just look at common sense. Social distancing does work because the virus can't travel on its own. A person has to be the carrier. 99% of people that get it also recover. Locking down is not a true choice because it is not a true lockdown. In a lockdown you still have to have food and services so you do have contact with other people. It is not a true lockdown. If it was the virus would not spread. The facts that lockdowns work is the big lie. They said 6 weeks lockdown and the virus is gone. Not true. Eventually we all are going to get it unless your lucky to be immune. The vaccine and better treatment is the answer. I have had several friends that have gotten it and mostly had mild cases. One had to be hospitalized but recovered in 3 days. I have a neighbor in ICU and is having a hard time. I wear my mask when I visit customers but most of them don't wear one. Eventually if enough people are vaccinated it will die out.

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club

In all honesty, if you get it, you won't look back and say "well atleast I wore my mask". You'll be questioning it just like those that aren't wearing them. Never heard anyone happy that they got the flu even after getting a flu shot. "Well, I got the flu shot, so this is ok being sick." You'll simply question the logic, as you should.

rocknthefreeworld

Century Club
In all honesty, if you get it, you won't look back and say "well atleast I wore my mask". You'll be questioning it just like those that aren't wearing them. Never heard anyone happy that they got the flu even after getting a flu shot. "Well, I got the flu shot, so this is ok being sick." You'll simply question the logic, as you should.

In other words, don't worry about it or take any precautions because you'll still be upset if you get it.

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club
In other words, don't worry about it or take any precautions because you'll still be upset if you get it.

Don't inject yourself with it, but if you're that worried about catching it, take cover yourself and don't become susceptible to it. If you're me, then yes, your comment is exactly how I'm living my life. I don't hide from the flu or bronchitis, but I also don't go right up to someone that has it and try to catch it either.