| LIFE CV-19: Effects on life, work, and sports

TerryP

Ivory Club
A friend and I had to pick up his grand daughter from her school (K5) this week. It's one thing seeing all the kids dressed the same in their school uniforms. That's pretty much "accepted" now a day, the norm if you will.

However, seeing 100's of school kids, that young, all wearing the same uniforms and essentially the same masks...it was row after row of faceless children. It's really an unnerving site.

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Century Club
Saw this yesterday on an ex-colleagues Facebook post.

I'm dumbfounded.

Not how to live life in my opinion.
I only went 2 months without a trip to the barber shop, March-May and that was only because they were all shutdown. Once they reopened in May, I started going again and have been monthly ever since. Some people I know STILL have not had a haircut since back before Covid came to the US and my goodness, they look like they just escaped from a mental institution. I don't understand what's still scaring them after all this time. These same people will go out and do other things, but yet still won't get a haircut? It's... baffling

TerryP

Ivory Club
A friend said he picked up a Crimson version in the Supestore; or, could have picked up one. Ends up, made in _ _ _ _ _ .

SVNCOFRPPRFCALB_p_2048x.jpg

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
A friend said he picked up a Crimson version in the Supestore; or, could have picked up one. Ends up, made in _ _ _ _ _ .

SVNCOFRPPRFCALB_p_2048x.jpg

I looked a couple months ago on Amazon for a similar style, but with the US flag or patriotic symbols and such on it. Found several from a few different companies, but all were apparently made in China so I passed. I'll just keep rocking the blue surgical masks when I have to wear one (which is also probably made in China but costs me nothing).

TerryP

Ivory Club
I looked a couple months ago on Amazon for a similar style, but with the US flag or patriotic symbols and such on it. Found several from a few different companies, but all were apparently made in China so I passed. I'll just keep rocking the blue surgical masks when I have to wear one (which is also probably made in China but costs me nothing).
When this mask mandate starting hitting box stores I ran into Home Depot to pick up something; can't recall what other than it was an 'in and out' type of trip—two of us, one mask.

I can't remember the count but do remember the box was right at $40. My first thought was "price gouging," to be honest. They didn't have single mask, you couldn't come in the store without one UNLESS it was to buy a box. $40 bucks to pick up something less than $5. To say the least that turned me off, quickly, but no other recourse since it was a Home Depot item.

Brandon Van de Graaff

Ivory Club
When this mask mandate starting hitting box stores I ran into Home Depot to pick up something; can't recall what other than it was an 'in and out' type of trip—two of us, one mask.

I can't remember the count but do remember the box was right at $40. My first thought was "price gouging," to be honest. They didn't have single mask, you couldn't come in the store without one UNLESS it was to buy a box. $40 bucks to pick up something less than $5. To say the least that turned me off, quickly, but no other recourse since it was a Home Depot item.

I was walking into Publix this afternoon to pick up a few things. I get to the doors and go to put on my (surgical style) mask, and pop, the elastic string breaks. Well, I really needed that Boar's Head bologna, so I went on in sans mask and got my stuff and left. Felt liberating. Felt free for the first time since March.

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
Crimson Tide Club
I was walking into Publix this afternoon to pick up a few things. I get to the doors and go to put on my (surgical style) mask, and pop, the elastic string breaks. Well, I really needed that Boar's Head bologna, so I went on in sans mask and got my stuff and left. Felt liberating. Felt free for the first time since March.

Imagine how free you'd have felt if you took your pants off too.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Boar's Head is a rule breaker. A game changer. I haven't had their bologna—not really a fan—but if it's like their others?

I haven't been to Publix since spring (delivery a few times) so I can't comment on where they stand here locally. Even with mayor's orders one place that has never followed the mandate was Ace Hardware. In fact, in the last month or so I can't recall a store I entered that required them to be worn. Again, quite a bit of delivery but that's not been that much of a change from pre-spring.

I won't be there having already taken care of my business but I do wonder what the polling precincts will look like today. It's surreal thinking about the idea you can vote without an ID but can't without a mask.

Brandon Van de Graaff

Ivory Club
Boar's Head is a rule breaker. A game changer. I haven't had their bologna—not really a fan—but if it's like their others?

I haven't been to Publix since spring (delivery a few times) so I can't comment on where they stand here locally. Even with mayor's orders one place that has never followed the mandate was Ace Hardware. In fact, in the last month or so I can't recall a store I entered that required them to be worn. Again, quite a bit of delivery but that's not been that much of a change from pre-spring.

I won't be there having already taken care of my business but I do wonder what the polling precincts will look like today. It's surreal thinking about the idea you can vote without an ID but can't without a mask.

I don't eat a ton of bologna, but sometimes it's hard to beat a fried thick piece of bologna on fresh bread. The Publix stores around here have eased up on most of their "rules" but still have a sign asking folks to wear a mask. If I see a sign like that, I'll put one on while I'm in their store.

The other night at the game, all the Bryant-Denny ushers were holding up signs all night long that reminded folks to wear their mask. In a setting like that, where nobody is near you (nobody else was on our row), it is really irritating. Doemasters and myself just ignored it and only wore them when we walked around.

Top Bottom