| OT CV-19: Effects on life, work, and sports

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
More shutdowns.

I'm not a fan of shutting things down at all. I get this is serious for some...but you don't shutdown economies likes this.

PurlJam

Century Club
Reaction score
I got the medical thumbs up from my employer last Friday. Got home from the beach(self iso/quarantine) around 6 pm last night. Feel pretty good overall, still weak as water whenever I have to exert any energy, but back slaving for "the man" today.... I can tell it's gonna take some time to get up to full strength....but beer taste better now, so that's a plus. :p

Since61

Registered
Reaction score
Not surprised about the 130,000 deaths being reported as Covid. Media may keep that fairly subdued.

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Century Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I agree. Countries should be past the point of pulling the plug on everything each time there is a spike. Shutting down back in the spring was one thing because it was new and for the most part, nobody really knew what to do. But shutting down again, 8 months into this thing just feels like moving backwards.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
So you're born and raised in Los Angeles. You're a Laker fan, a Dodger fan.

It sure would be nice to celebrate sports with your fellow fans, but.

Sportscenter closes, "Enjoy it LA!?" Where? How?

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
They really have Thanksgiving laws? What you can only eat a tofu turkey smh? Did a quick google and there really is something called tofurky... Surprised I have never seen that on the menu in the "what is on the gameday menu" thread :).

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Century Club
Reaction score
Don't tell governor MeMaw Kay Fauci about that, or else that will become Alabama's Thanksgiving rules :ROFLMAO:

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Good Lord.... These politicians need to read the constitution and accept people have freedom to make choices whether you like it or not. When they start telling me I can't go inside my own house but to go to the bathroom and can only have thanksgiving outside they have gone waaaaay to far. Maybe that is what it is going to take to get people to open their eyes. I am all for doing something as a good neighbor for someone else but not as a mandate sorry.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I mean, it's right there in front of folks' faces. One damn guy thinking he has the power to force everyone to do what he says. I don't care what's out there, we the people have our freedoms. Idiots that abide by this are surrendering their freedom of life. You want to talk about modern day slavery, here it is right here. You're right when you say slavery is alive and well when you have politicians thinking they can force the masses to listen to their every word. Work in unity as a society, quit the bullcrap and being mean to each other. mind your business and produce for yourself and your family, but quit letting a handful of politicians dictate every day life for everyone at this point. Just ridiculous.

By the way, I love California's ban on straws not too long back as an environmental savior, only to enforce single helping instruments and tools for Thanksgiving. You can't make the craziness up.

Top Bottom