| OT CV-19: Effects on life, work, and sports

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Was thinking about that this am. MO, the area it may hurt the most is in making (mostly defensive) adjustments, especially at the half. However, I'm also not so naive to believe that if there's an adjustment/message that Saban wants to get to the team, it'll get there. But even for Saban, not being able to see things from his normal vantage point is going to be difficult. Maybe UA sets him up with access to an All-22 feed? That would probably be best for a number of reasons, not least of which is it would keep him from destroying his TV midway through the 1st quarter when Gary won't stop harping on a late hit that wasn't flagged against Bama.

Another interesting aspect is, which off-field coach/analyst is added to the official on-field staff? Will Saban go offense or defense? Would imagine it would be Charlie Strong on defense if he goes that route.

Oh, also another big game management difference, Sark will actually use the timeouts!

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score

Thinking along those lines. Makes me thing back to 1999. Saban's last year at MSU. He loads up and heads to LSU you to start recruiting and leaves Bobby Williams and the entire staff at MSU. If memory serves me correctly, no one from MSU came with him to LSU. Fast forward to New Years Day. That MSU team without Saban beat a Spurrier coached Florida team in the 2000 Citrus Bowl.

ColAngus

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Charlie Strong seems to be a good choice to move to the field, but Nick hasn't asked me.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Can you only have so many coaches on the sideline? Is that why he's in an "off the field" position like Butch? I assumed it was a title because of vacancy surrounding coaches and they used that to add more and those guys were not allowed on the sidelines during a game due to title. I could be totally wrong though.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score

ColAngus

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I'm no Strong fan either. I just thought he could be a decent emergency fill in since he has recent experience running a big time program, albeit shitty.

Top Bottom