| OT CV-19: Effects on life, work, and sports

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Very well may be, but the UA admin were actively working this afternoon on getting calcification on ways he could coach the game (like from a private box). Seems like if they knew there was no chance, they wouldn't waste their time.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I've seen nothing definitive on that yet; just speculation. Here's what he said...

I suspect it would be Sark. All we know is Sark will call the game's offense.

On the players in reference to a spike:

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
CDC rules has me chuckling a bit. The rules for isolation/quarantine are specific down to how much distance has been between individuals as well as how much time. There's a thread a month or so old which outlines the SEC requirements.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
....hate this...as we all do....
Just cancel game and wait til SEC championship game toplay....( just joking)...
Sark can handle things....He is qualified..... he is capable....
Probably all things will be set in place before Saturday night....just follow the script...offensively n ...o crap...defensively..

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Let's see if we can find the article where Sankey and the SEC office laid out their plans. I know it's here, somewhere, and it might tell us the name of the doctor who is the main advisor for the conference. I can't remember his name.

It may be in a thread talking about how UA is handling this. I can't recall. I do remember the way they were structuring practices 'meshed' pretty nicely with how they'd laid out their rules.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
BTW as I understand it the time aspect is all about the amount of the virus you take in as you are breathing in while talking to someone and how contagious they are. It takes so much of the virus for you to get infected. So if it takes for example 100 units (no idea what that unit really is) and you take in 10 units per minute talking to someone then it will take you 10 minutes to become infected. Now if a person sneezes or coughs on you then it takes much less time. Anyway that is how I understand it. Not sure if anyone has determined the amount of the virus needed for a person to become infected or at least I have not read it. To me it meets the common sense test.

Reaction score
2020 is just F up. They should play the game as is without Nick. The 10RC games will become the biggest game since we have to win out to get a shot at UGA for all the marbles.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
You and I talked about the time specifications in the original thread posted back in July.

@ColAngus you mentioned this questioning quarantines.

In this case, those people who were within six feet of Saban, without a mask, for at least 15 minutes.

Even before C-19 hit we didn't have players within six feet of each other for 15 minutes straight. The drills in practices are less than that.

NickelDoubleDog

Sideline Club
Reaction score
This is Sark's time to really shine.

CNS is already doing his best to keep the team loose and not worried about the things they can't control (him not being able to coach).

If Sark can get the defense to play more aggressive, this could be a really memorable game.

Hopefully the extra duties don't negatively affect how well Sark has been calling plays on the offensive side. That's still the biggest key to victory.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
If Saban tests negative today, tomorrow, and Saturday morning this isn't a discussion any longer.

There is nothing set in stone for the weekend.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Damn if Vegas doesn't know their stuff. Starting to think everything is an inside hustle these days and we're in some kind of matrix.

Tidestalker

Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I'm not bashful about thinking Saban is the best CF of all time... But most of that comes before game day. Recruiting, team motivation, teaching assignments, etc. is all what he does at the highest level.

In regards to gameday, at this point I don't think it's that big of a deal. Going for it on 4th down, when to kick FG's or punt, how & when to use clock, when to call TO's, etc., are all ideas that Sark (or whoever) can either simply do as Saban would do, or Saban can allow them to make decisions as they see fit. For example - Not taking risks at the end of the half with any type of lead is a Saban trademark. No offense to the football coaches, but I don't see that type of game management as all that complicated.... And frankly, the game management is stuff we've struggled doing well in recent losses.

It could go worse, could go better, but the Saban factor happens way before gameday. And most great coaches would feel like they're team is coached well enough to execute at a winning level without them on gameday. We may see if that holds true!

ColAngus

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Sark handling the HC duties (assuming he is, but we don't know that) would prevent him from huddling with the offense while the defense is on the field, no?

This would seem like a very big deal, especially against this defense.

Top Bottom