| OT CV-19: Effects on life, work, and sports

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I probably should start a thread over on Life... But this is as good as any.

Must have for Home Depot shopping.

AirForceBamaFan

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I normally don’t get into political discussions online, but wanted to say my peace in this. The truth is that by the letter of the law definition...this is a pandemic. However, if a person can’t see that this pandemic is being manipulated for political gain, they aren’t that bright or extremely naive. The “COVID death” numbers have absolutely been skewed and the mandates for “our safety” are remarkably different depending on who is in charge (Democrat vs Republican). The coverage will change after the election. If Biden wins...it will be significantly diminished. If Trump wins it will be ramped up in an attempt to try to declare him unfit. Whether you agree with this post or not will tell me everything I need to know about your political leanings. Regardless...we all love Alabama and our football team! Roll Tide...

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Century Club
Reaction score
@planomateo I remember back in the spring you had said that the worst of Covid was probably still many months away. You think we've hit that point yet, or do you think it's still ahead of us?

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
There's a thing about writers, especially young ones, where you sense their tone from day one. Here's my voice, so to speak, in written form.

His mentor is Goodman in this market. Talty has been salty from day one with rumor mongering story lines. He's a "gotcha" guy in Wolken terms.

ColAngus

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Ole Miss is now dealing with an outbreak. I guess our defense is safe since they were never within 6 feet of the Ole Miss offense.

PurlJam

Century Club
Reaction score
Finally got out of the clinic....I tested positive...gonna be out of work for at least 10 days...feel fine, got no temperature, no symptoms whatsoever.

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Century Club
Reaction score
A buddy of mine just sent me a text. He's on the ledge about a possible season cancellation announcement since Vanderbilt-Missouri and Florida-LSU have been postponed. I told him to chill the hell out and step away from said ledge. First of all, nothing surprising is happening here. These aren't the first games having to be postponed and they won't be the last. We knew that this would happen. Second of all, that's why the December 12 open date was built into the season this year. It's a designated make up date. And last but not least, it would take players and/or coaches and other personnel ending up hospitalized with horrible cases for the season to be cancelled. And thus far, from what I can tell, players who have tested positive have had either no symptoms or, at worst, mild symptoms. If any of them had ended up hospitalized, there is NO way that could have been hidden from the media.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I'm not sure at this point. Based on what I've read, this is getting worse in Europe. Flu season could be interesting.

It's highly politicized in other countries. It's certainly not limited to a US election for what it's worth. Never underestimate a politicians ability to whip their constituents into a freenzie.

I'd love to see China get a massive bill when all of this is over.

Top Bottom