| OT CV-19: Effects on life, work, and sports

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
hell, I'm trying to remember the vacinne that came out when I was in that many just flat out refused to get it. Anthrax...that was it.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
When I was in the Navy we all got a bunch of shots with a gun device both arms. Didn't ask us for permission. Just lined us up. Then checked our hineys for what I never knew.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Watch the Viles screw this up, they had to cancel their scrimmage today because they have 30 people with COVID-10 positive tests.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
That's not exactly accurate and I'm not surprised considering how it was reported.

Matt Barrie, ESPN, repeatedly mentioned the number 44 yesterday in the same breath as COVID . Pruitt said they had seven or eight that had tested positive and there were twenty something that were in quarantine due to contact tracing (with no mention by any of whether they were asymptomatic but, based on his statement, they didn't test positive.) The rest were out due to injuries. He said their issues was "contact tracing."

And now we're right back to the PCR tests and the growing evidence of how unreliable that method has been discovered to be. Hell, I remember back in June the CIDRAP (Minnesota, of all places) was telling people that the positive PCR results were being misunderstood and "in and of itself does not mean that you’re infectious or infected for that matter.”

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Yeah I saw some clarifications after I posted this on the number of positive cases.

There was also an article I read I think from medical folks in Italy that was challenging the accuracy of the tests and talked about the PCR being set as such a low level for a positive they we shocked the scientists had not questioned that. Seems like the threshold is set so low that it is very unlikely a person testing positive would even be contagious. This kind of stuff is pathetic and I always wandered how we got tests so quickly. If you can't trust the scientific and medical industry to follow basic scientific norms then what can you trust?

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I think you're asking why does one link/URL turn into this:
2a.jpg

...and then the other link/URL renders just the address:

2a.jpg

It's because that telecommunication company isn't up to date with their metadata. The command [URL unfurl="true"] {insert web url/address
} [/URL]
is there but the teleco site isn't providing any information for the software to read.

As another example: Tidesports.com is owned and operated by the Tuscaloosa News. Any link to Tidesports unfurls because they provide the metadata. Any link to Tuscaloosa News does not because (even though it's the same company basically) they aren't sending any data with the link.

2a.jpg

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
College football player Jamain Stephens dies at age 20 of COVID-19 complications
Jamain Stephens, a football player at California University of Pennsylvania and the son of a former Steelers first round-draft pick, has died at the age of 20 of COVID-19 complications.

a baseball player wearing a helmet
© California University of Pennsylvania
Stephens had played the last three seasons at California University, which canceled this football season because of the pandemic.

“Jamain was such a wonderful student with a smile on his face every time you saw him,” California University of Pennsylvania Athletic Director Karen Hjerpe said in a statement. “His personality was contagious and he made such a positive impact on everyone he met.”

Pitt safety Damar Hamlin, a high school teammate of Stephens, wrote about his death on Twitter.

“Got out of practice & heard the worst news. RIP JUICE,” Hamlin wrote. “The most genuine & caring soul on this planet. You touched so many w/ love & laughs. Cherish y’all brothers while they still here & PLEASE continue to take this virus seriously. You’ll be missed dearly. I just wanna give your momma the biggest hug bro.”

Stephens’ father, also named Jamain Stephens, played for the Steelers from 1996 to 1998 and for the Bengals from 1999 to 2001.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Reading reports that the coronavirus thing may not be accurate and no determination had been made.

Top Bottom