PRO Coverage of Bama guys in the NFL, 18-19 season..

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Featured Thread #41
No. 8 defense in the league last season but yeah keep telling me about "history." Because what happened 5 years ago or even 2 years ago totally matters now. The entirety of last year's team was coming back this season - minus Dontari Poe - and they played extremely well in the first two weeks. Injuries have caught up with them. Two starting linebackers, two starting safeties, a starting defensive end and starting defensive tackle along with the nickel corner all out, but clearly that didn't matter at all.

You give me stats and I'm trying to tell you that the Falcons have always found new and interesting ways to lose NFL games. It's never about one thing, it's always about whatever it takes to lose. Our Falcons can find a way. And about last year, please.

They hired Steve Sarkisian to replace Kyle Shanahan and the offense immediately averaged 50 yards less per game. The quarterback had his touchdowns nearly cut in half and his picks nearly double. They scored nearly 200 fewer points than in 2016!!!! Keep in mind that there were no catastrophic injuries or significant free agent losses along this offense last year. They just withered. The deep passing game disappeared because Sarkisian decided to turn Julio Jones into a possession receiver.

Had the Anders fight recorded, and just got around to watching it.

1. That dude Anders took on was much more polished, and basically the definition of a nightmare to fight.

2. I dont know who advised him to get in the octagon with that guy on five days notice, but that was an awful idea.

3. I've watched my share of MMA and I can't recall ever seeing a fighter get hit in the back of the head repeatedly, and not the ref nor announcers mention one word about it. I could be mistaken, but even in slowmo it looked like more than a couple shots were in the back of the head, and definitely behind the ear. Kinda pissed me off a little.

LINK
BamaInsider.com - Former Alabama receiver gives back while battling adversity

Photo | USA Today
The man peering through the fence bore little resemblance to the one patrolling Alabama’s sidelines with an ax two years ago. For a few hours last week, former Alabama receiver ArDarius Stewart took a break from his role as a hard-nosed receiver, showing his softer side by making a visit to the Boys and Girls Club of Wayne, N.J.

These are trying times for Stewart. The former third-round pick in 2017 was released by the New York Jets last week after the two sides agreed on a settlement for his injured ankle. It was the second time Stewart has been released since serving out a two-game suspension last month for violating the league's Policy on Performance-Enhancing Substances.

Faced with the most significant adversity he’s encountered in his career, the former Crimson Tide standout took some time to reflect. Things aren’t going according to plan at the moment, but Stewart is the first to admit his road to the NFL has been blessed. During a conversation with current Alabama walk-on Mac Hereford, Stewart decided it was time to pass that blessing on to others.

“I came to the realization then that I have a platform, and God had blessed me with so much,” Stewart told BamaInsider.com. “I just felt like I needed to get out there and let people know more of my story and where I came from. Maybe it can be more motivation for these young guys coming up. I know at some point in their lives they are going to come up on adversity. You never know if kids have a role model at the house or not, so I just wanted to get out there and let them know anything’s possible.”
A few phone calls later, the 6-foot-1 receiver found himself shyly approaching a recreational football field roughly an hour away from his house, not knowing what to expect.

“When he first came, he was standing at the fence,” said Mike Crystal, the head football commissioner of Wayne’s Boys and Girls Club. “I was looking for him because I was waiting for him to call me. I walked over and said, ‘What are you hiding behind the fence for? I know who you are.’”
Crystal, a longtime Jets fans jumped at the opportunity to have Stewart speak in front of his teams following practice. However, not even he realized how much of a hit the former Alabama receiver would be. Sharing everything from touchdown dances to life lessons, Stewart had his audience locked into every word.

“The guy really did a good job,” Crystal said. “For a guy who used to carry around an ax, he’s got a great personal side. The kids really appreciated that. He was talking, and they were listening. I got to tell you; they don’t even listen that well when the coaches talk.”
Stewart stuck to the basics, reminding kids to listen to their parents and coaches and keep up with their school work. However, his biggest message centered around self-belief.

“I told them one specific story of me in seventh grade,” Stewart said. “My teacher told me to make more realistic goals for myself. It was my English teacher, and I got an F on a paper because I wouldn’t put something else other than that I wanted to play in the NFL. I was determined to do that. I told the kids, ‘Whatever they tell you, it doesn’t matter. You can do anything if you put your mind to it.’
“That in itself is one of the biggest things that drove me. Instead of having that pushing motivation from an older adult, I had negativity. I had to find a way to change it to something positive. I was trying to teach them that any negative they face, they have to change it to a positive.”
That’s where Stewart finds himself now. At a crossroads in his career, the receiver says he plans to live out his message by continuing to fight for his dream no matter how difficult the road ahead.

“There’s a lot that I’ve learned, and there’s a lot that I’m still learning,” Stewart said. “I’m human, but my head is in the right place. I’m focused, and I’m not going to let anything stop my drive. I know what I want to do, so I’m not going to let anything get in front of that. I’ve been like that my entire life. I’ve had adversity, and I’ve always beat it. So why stop now?”

LINK
BamaInsider.com - Former Alabama receiver gives back while battling adversity

Photo | USA Today
The man peering through the fence bore little resemblance to the one patrolling Alabama’s sidelines with an ax two years ago. For a few hours last week, former Alabama receiver ArDarius Stewart took a break from his role as a hard-nosed receiver, showing his softer side by making a visit to the Boys and Girls Club of Wayne, N.J.

These are trying times for Stewart. The former third-round pick in 2017 was released by the New York Jets last week after the two sides agreed on a settlement for his injured ankle. It was the second time Stewart has been released since serving out a two-game suspension last month for violating the league's Policy on Performance-Enhancing Substances.

Faced with the most significant adversity he’s encountered in his career, the former Crimson Tide standout took some time to reflect. Things aren’t going according to plan at the moment, but Stewart is the first to admit his road to the NFL has been blessed. During a conversation with current Alabama walk-on Mac Hereford, Stewart decided it was time to pass that blessing on to others.

“I came to the realization then that I have a platform, and God had blessed me with so much,” Stewart told BamaInsider.com. “I just felt like I needed to get out there and let people know more of my story and where I came from. Maybe it can be more motivation for these young guys coming up. I know at some point in their lives they are going to come up on adversity. You never know if kids have a role model at the house or not, so I just wanted to get out there and let them know anything’s possible.”
A few phone calls later, the 6-foot-1 receiver found himself shyly approaching a recreational football field roughly an hour away from his house, not knowing what to expect.

“When he first came, he was standing at the fence,” said Mike Crystal, the head football commissioner of Wayne’s Boys and Girls Club. “I was looking for him because I was waiting for him to call me. I walked over and said, ‘What are you hiding behind the fence for? I know who you are.’”
Crystal, a longtime Jets fans jumped at the opportunity to have Stewart speak in front of his teams following practice. However, not even he realized how much of a hit the former Alabama receiver would be. Sharing everything from touchdown dances to life lessons, Stewart had his audience locked into every word.

“The guy really did a good job,” Crystal said. “For a guy who used to carry around an ax, he’s got a great personal side. The kids really appreciated that. He was talking, and they were listening. I got to tell you; they don’t even listen that well when the coaches talk.”
Stewart stuck to the basics, reminding kids to listen to their parents and coaches and keep up with their school work. However, his biggest message centered around self-belief.

“I told them one specific story of me in seventh grade,” Stewart said. “My teacher told me to make more realistic goals for myself. It was my English teacher, and I got an F on a paper because I wouldn’t put something else other than that I wanted to play in the NFL. I was determined to do that. I told the kids, ‘Whatever they tell you, it doesn’t matter. You can do anything if you put your mind to it.’
“That in itself is one of the biggest things that drove me. Instead of having that pushing motivation from an older adult, I had negativity. I had to find a way to change it to something positive. I was trying to teach them that any negative they face, they have to change it to a positive.”
That’s where Stewart finds himself now. At a crossroads in his career, the receiver says he plans to live out his message by continuing to fight for his dream no matter how difficult the road ahead.

“There’s a lot that I’ve learned, and there’s a lot that I’m still learning,” Stewart said. “I’m human, but my head is in the right place. I’m focused, and I’m not going to let anything stop my drive. I know what I want to do, so I’m not going to let anything get in front of that. I’ve been like that my entire life. I’ve had adversity, and I’ve always beat it. So why stop now?”
Nice sauce.

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Will Julio be the first NFL receiver to reach 1,000 receiving in a season without a TD? Maybe it's been done before, but I can't find it. Al Toon had 963 in 1991 and Hakeem Nicks had 896 in 2013, but that's the closest I see. Keyshawn had 1,266 in 2001 with 1 TD. JJ has 812 this year with 0 through 7 games. Very strange stat. Heck, Ryan doesn't target him in the red zone. I saw in a WSJ article where he threw to him once in the red zone through the first 5 games. Could have sworn he threw consecutive passes to him in the end zone during that one Thursday night game about week 2, but I must be mistaken. He'll no doubt pass 1,000 yards in the next two games so here's to him scoring at least 1 TD in that period.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Will Julio be the first NFL receiver to reach 1,000 receiving in a season without a TD? Maybe it's been done before, but I can't find it. Al Toon had 963 in 1991 and Hakeem Nicks had 896 in 2013, but that's the closest I see. Keyshawn had 1,266 in 2001 with 1 TD. JJ has 812 this year with 0 through 7 games. Very strange stat. Heck, Ryan doesn't target him in the red zone. I saw in a WSJ article where he threw to him once in the red zone through the first 5 games. Could have sworn he threw consecutive passes to him in the end zone during that one Thursday night game about week 2, but I must be mistaken. He'll no doubt pass 1,000 yards in the next two games so here's to him scoring at least 1 TD in that period.
As Falcon fans, we have zero clue what the hell is going on in the Red Zone. We take our best player away from ourselves for some reason. i did see where we looked for him more against the Giants on Monday Night Football, but we still aren't throwing 50/50 balls to him like we should.

Top Bottom