| NEWS CoronaVirus and its effects on sports and life in general.

ColAngus

Sideline Club
Reaction score
yeah, he probably can't even identify an elephant or correctly draw hands on a clock at 10 past 11:00 like the genius can.

ColAngus

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Because there is no explanation for it. My father is a retired vascular surgeon. Wore a mask in the OR for 35 years. He'll be glad to know the mask was pointless.

No one has ever claimed a mask is 100% effective. There's only one explanation for why some people fail to see that.

PurlJam

Century Club
Reaction score
Wait
Ha...I see, you think I'm a Trump supporter, I'm an old selfish ass "Me" supporter...whoever fits my agenda is who I vote for, I'm a bonafide racist...only back the human race, ain't taking no anal probe from any e.t.s, they can take their happy ass back to their own planet, only difference between me and you is I didnt use to have a racist Colonel Reb avatar.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
I have been telling folks the housing crisis was coming back. During the second Obama term lenders started giving out loans to anybody in almost any amount and under Trump it increased. It was a given that any bump would cause a collapse.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I have been saying all a long that the economic impact of this is still coming. The Government has propped up a lot of business but that can only last so long. The airline industry would have already collapsed w/o the Fed Government throwing more printed money at them. That is supposed to end as I recall in October unless it is extended and new money is printed (debt!!!!).

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Which was a big issue I've had with the recovery response from both parties.

Ultimately, we can print enough money to make the stock market look good. But this is a slow burn.

The main issue from my POV - The govt is helping corporations who've overextended themselves and mis managed any semblance of a rainy day fund that most of us simply expect others do be able to do for themselves. And of course, who gets the $ was bought and paid for by the lobbies and politicians who are in cahoots, but that's a whole different thread.

COVID is a bad situation for everyone. I just think the way the govt printed & dished out corporate $ will extend the struggle longer than necessary. Housing will be a mess, commercial real estate will go down in flames between bankruptcies and companies realizing they don't need office space to function anymore. Jobs will eventually come back, but goods will be more expensive and dollars will be worth less. BTW I know very little about the economy but like to B.S. a little... Certainly not great with money, but not the worst either. If there's one thing we can probably all agree on... Tough times ahead :( .

But on the bright side - The Crimson Tide is looking really damn good! This recent recruiting haul has been legendary... Seriously. If these guys hit the field, titles are sure to follow! RTR!

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
I know probably 10 people who's companies are going to full remote as a result of this. They each sent out surveys to their employees inquiring about return to work. The small company I work for sent out a similar survey, only 10% wanted to be back in the office and of that only half are in the office everyday (myself being one of them). Wondering how this will change our culture.

Home / work life balance As a result will be terrible. Working from home full time is a bad idea in my opinion, not everyone is cut out for it...not many are in my experience.

I will not be surprised to see comapnies reneg on it eventually. Training new hires, employee engagement, general employee happiness will all take hits.

I had an interview with Facebook just before this mess, WFH was not an option and I had to move to the bay area. Perhaps they've changed their perspective. I don't plan on leaving Montana.

Top Bottom