| NEWS CoronaVirus and its effects on sports and life in general.

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I've noticed that the term "beach" gets thrown around a lot. A few years ago, some relatives of mine said that they were headed to the beach. Naturally, I thought that they meant either Gulf Shores or Florida. I asked if they had a room or if they were staying with someone and they asked what I was talking about. They said "the beach is just up the road". Of course, I'm completely baffled. The "beach" they were referring to was at Oak Mountain State Park! It's a sandy area by the lake. I've been there before, but I never once thought of it as a beach. 😂

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Around here it is Callaway Garden's Beach. Always heard it called a beach but even those who did so would never say they were going to The Beach. It was always just Callaway Beach at most, but usually even then only during the Water Skiing Masters. We knew better.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I remember going to Oak Mountain's "beach" when I was in college. It's kind of a throwback place, the south used to have a number of lakes with beaches where people would gather. Liability lawsuits, and the interstate system making coastal trips much easier, sent many away. As a kid, we'd go visit an aunt and uncle who lived near Cherokee Beach west of Helena, and go the "beach".

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Why don't you show how much money they "lost" before the bill was passed in 2006 that requires the post office to pre-fund retirement plans ahead 50+ years (over $5 billion every single year)? Which, by the way, no other governmental agency is forced to do. The post office MADE money every year until that bill was passed and it was steadily lost money since then because no agency - hell no private company - could keep up that sort of demand. That part is always conveniently left out when people bash the post office. And why are you claiming that it "cost taxpayers." You realize the post office gets no tax payer money for operation costs, right?

In fact, John Oliver did a wonderful take down of this narrative awhile back.

The post office definitely has its own issues but many have attempted to correct those as well as make it better but because Bernie Sanders is one of the primary proponents of it it will just ignored most of the time.

So, no comment on the false information you shared?

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
It wasn't false. Could go on all day wasting my time with the false information you praise, but I'm actually working and not worried about proving you wrong or you simply saying everything is "false", "mischaracterized", or "lies".

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
This is sounding like a girls monthly period site. My bloodyrant.com

bamachine

Master Debater
Century Club
Reaction score
I ran cross country on that "beach", back in the 80's. My brother lived in LaGrange at the time and he held a cross country training camp there one summer. Him and another brother of mine used to win the team triathlon about every year for about 5 years there, along with a friend of theirs that did the swim portion.

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Bama Club
Reaction score
…we are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.

Ayn Rand, Capitalism, The Unknown Ideal, Appendix, “The Nature of Government,” 1967

Top Bottom