| NEWS CoronaVirus and its effects on sports and life in general.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
@It Takes Eleven several days ago I pointed to that when this whole "not a fast enough response" flew in the face of "not listening to doctors" when the WHO was publishing what they were.

It's easy to see why a lot are taking this seriously as well as those who are looking at it being sensationalized.

The stories about deaths being attributed to this when it appears it isn't the primary cause?

I found this to be an interesting move. An estimate, based on ... a lot of wiggle room there.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
^^ part of that is due to where you get your news from.

Even the POTUS downplayed this early on. Thus causing others to follow. I'm of the opinion he has mismanaged this, even to this day. Still feels like he's playing political games with Governors, when he should be taking the high road. He's arguably the most powerful personal on the planet, he should have been ahead of this much earlier. I'm not trying to turn this into a political debate either. I'd rather this thread stay on point.

My belief the entire time is we just didn't have enough data early on to compare this to the flu. I'm still of the opinion we still don't have enough data.

I don't see us going back to a normal life until we're able to test for antibodies.

And China has flat out lied.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Fixed it for you
Wall Street Journal
These Drugs Are Helping Our Coronavirus Patients
The evidence is preliminary on repurposing two treatments. But we don’t have the luxury of time.
By
Jeff Colyer and Daniel Hinthorn
March 22, 2020 1:50 pm ET

A flash of potential good news from the front lines of the coronavirus pandemic: A treatment is showing promise. Doctors in France, South Korea and the U.S. are using an antimalarial drug known as hydroxychloroquine with success. We are physicians treating patients with Covid-19, and the therapy appears to be making a difference.

Washington Examiner
OPINION
Dr. Oz: Hydroxychloroquine shows real promise against coronavirus
by Dr. Mehmet Oz & Akshay Syal
| April 03, 2020 01:38 PM

Here is an article at Time Magazine that is very informative

Time Magazine & John Hopkins

Bama Club
Reaction score
I agree. Several doctors and medical experts have explained many people recover quickly from the virus so if they get this med during recovery there is no proof that it's from the med or just the immune system beating back the virus.

footballer

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Again, I will post this link to The New England Journal of Medicine. Dr. Fauci and two other doctors collaborated on this article. Written and published on February 28, 2020. President Trump relies on Dr Fauci for information and guidance. Perhaps he should not. I don't think Dr Fauci can be trusted any more than the NWO. Please, at least read the third paragraph of the article.

Last edited:

footballer

Sideline Club
Reaction score

gagliardisports247

Registered
Reaction score
If they sugar coat the whole situation its going to get worse. People need to understand that they need to take precautions that they need to follow the health guidelines to prevent the spread. I just wish they can find a vaccine soon. I just want to get back to watching and playing basketball again.

Top Bottom