| NEWS CoronaVirus and its effects on sports and life in general.

Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
There is no proof whatsoever that hydroxychoroquine works. If it comes out of Butter Beans mouth VERY strong possibility it's not true.
The biggest problem now is it is used for other diseases and now it's being hoarded by those that believe anything that comes out of his mouth.
Very sad.

ElephantStomp

Verified Member
Bama Club
Reaction score
Here was MY experience with Covid...

It started with a low grade fever, but by the second day it was terrible. The highest my fever got was 104.3. But, the fever was the least of it. The pain in my chest was the worse pain I think I’ve ever felt. You have to move (like walk, pushups, etc) and do breathing exercises because it takes virtually nothing to get pneumonia and if you get that then it’s downhill, so even being dead tired, fever, and can’t hardly breath you have to move.

From the second day until the end I went through the worse pain I’ve ever been through, a brain hallucinating fever feeling so weak that talking felt like a chore, and relentless coughing because of the lack of air.

I’ll be honest I wasn’t 100% sure it was exactly how it was being played out in the media, but I can’t 100% say it fucking sucks. But, there’s no reason to be scared of it because you’ll live through it, but anybody in the category that everybody has been worried about I don’t believe will.

ElephantStomp

Verified Member
Bama Club
Reaction score
@BamaBoyJosh My thoughts are with your nurse friend. Her and everybody working the frontlines like her are heroes.

I got it at work, but I’m not on the frontlines, went to a domestic call and the husband was positive and we didn’t have ppe

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
That's pretty cool ...

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Curious. What's gas prices looking like in your area? Say...lowest within a few miles from the house.

Parkers - $1.61 but their membership/club puts me at $1.51. (2 miles.)
Two stations about a mile from the house were .$1.56 yesterday.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I haven't seen any of these stores open in several days. I've been on the road, at some point, everyday except Saturday. Essential responsibilities ... gotta do what you gotta do.

A few days ago I came across the term essential goods when someone was talking about Walmart. A lot of these stores items can be found at Walmart.

One thing I've seen clarified about McMaster's new closures included gun/ammo stores as well as hardware stores. Both are allowed to remain open.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Yesterday it was $1.49 at the Walmart down the street here (North Texas).

We went to a nursery a few weekends ago to get some shrubs for the front landscaping. Are they essential? Dunno, but was happy they were open.

The amount of power the State government has right now on determining what is essential vs non-essential could be a bit too much. They could be controlling what businesses will survive.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
If you are at deaths door, what have you got to loose. This is information we need. Why can't the media find out these statistics. Other than the bone head that took the fish tank cleaner there are no statistics published. I see individuals posting success on Twitter and Facebook but nothing official. Makes me skeptical of all information.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
I know people love this idea, but I do not see how any country can afford to pay out this forever to everyone. And if you aren't giving everyone money (and pretty much the same amount per person) without restriction then it is just a fancy welfare system.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
10-4.

I would like to know though cause the most puzzling thing is how we hear of one person getting it, but how are more families not getting it, especially if you don't know you have it for a couple of weeks and are in very close proximity. I admit I haven't taken it as serious as most, because I simply don't believe it's worse than other things out there killing people. I understand healthy people are dying, but a high percentage have inderlying issues related to the respiratory system. So then the ones that are getting better I began saying it ran it's course like the flu. I have to go into work, but I haven't left my house in four weekends, so I'm being careful, but I am not wearing gloves and masks either. This is just a very strange time to me. Probably more ignorance than anything.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
The info is out there for what we have done so far. Mostly anecdotal but one actual study has shown it is not a cure.

Run down of a bunch of info (I do not have a way to read them all)

Possibly not a cure/treatment

Testing ongoing

Calls for people to join studies

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I've mentioned before the enemy that is China. Here is how they've manipulated the World Health Organization.

World Health Coronavirus Disinformation
WHO’s bows to Beijing have harmed the global response to the pandemic.

By The Editorial Board
April 5, 2020 5:28 pm ET

World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus at the WHO headquaters in Geneva.
PHOTO: FABRICE COFFRINI/AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE/GETTY IMAGES

The coronavirus pandemic will offer many lessons in what to do better to save more lives and do less economic harm the next time. But there’s already one way to ensure future pandemics are less deadly: Reform or defund the World Health Organization (WHO).

Last week Florida Senator Rick Scott called for a Congressional investigation into the United Nations agency’s “role in helping Communist China cover up information regarding the threat of the Coronavirus.” The rot at WHO goes beyond canoodling with Beijing, but that’s a good place to start.

The coronavirus outbreak began in Wuhan, China, sometime in the autumn, perhaps as early as November. It accelerated in December. Caixin Global reported that Chinese labs had sequenced the coronavirus genome by the end of December but were ordered by Chinese officials to destroy samples and not publish their findings. On Dec. 30 Dr. Li Wenliang warned Chinese doctors about the virus, and several days later local authorities accused him of lies that “severely disturbed the social order.”

Taiwanese officials warned WHO on Dec. 31 that they had seen evidence that the virus could be transmitted human-to-human. But the agency, bowing to Beijing, doesn’t have a normal relationship with Taiwan. On Jan. 14 WHO tweeted, “Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission.” The agency took another week to reverse that misinformation.

On Jan. 22-23 a WHO emergency committee debated whether to declare Covid-19 a “public health emergency of international concern.” The virus already had spread to several countries, and making such a declaration would have better prepared the world. It should have been an easy decision, despite Beijing’s objections. Yet director-general Tedros Ghebreyesus declined and instead traveled to China.

He finally made the declaration on Jan. 30—losing a week of precious time—and his rhetoric suggests the trip to Beijing was more about politics
than public health. “The Chinese government is to be congratulated for the extraordinary measures it has taken,” he said. “I left in absolutely no doubt about China’s commitment to transparency.”

A University of Southampton study suggests the number of coronavirus cases could have been reduced by 95% had China moved to contain the virus three weeks sooner. Yet Dr. Tedros gushed that Beijing had set “a new standard for outbreak response.” He also praised the speed with which China “sequenced the genome and shared it with WHO and the world.” China didn’t do so until Jan. 12.

On Jan. 30 Dr. Tedros also said that “WHO doesn’t recommend limiting trade and movement.” President Trump ignored the advice and announced travel restrictions on China the following day, slowing the spread of the virus. U.S. progressive elites echoed WHO and criticized Mr. Trump. WHO didn’t declare the coronavirus a pandemic until March 11.

Not that any of this has prompted much soul-searching. Alluding to China, WHO official Michael Ryan said last week, “We need to be very careful also to not to be profiling certain parts of the world as being uncooperative.” Beijing touted the remarks, as it has other WHO statements.

This record is tragic but not surprising. Much of the blame for WHO’s failures lies with Dr. Tedros, who is a politician, not a medical doctor. As a member of the left-wing Tigray People’s Liberation Front, he rose through Ethiopia’s autocratic government as health and foreign minister. After taking the director-general job in 2017, he tried to install Zimbabwe dictator Robert Mugabe as a WHO goodwill ambassador.

China inevitably gains more international clout as its economy grows. But why does WHO seem so much more afraid of Beijing’s ire than Washington’s? Only 12% of WHO’s assessed member-state contributions come from China. The U.S. contributes 22%. Americans at WHO generally are loyal to the institution, while Chinese appointees put Chinese interests first or they will suffer Beijing’s wrath.

China’s influence over WHO has been organized and consistent, whereas the U.S. response has been haphazard. Washington needs a quarterback to lead the fight against Chinese dominance at WHO and other international organizations. Yet the State Department’s Bureau of International Organization Affairs lacks a political appointee.

The U.S. will have allies in an effort to reform WHO. A frustrated Japanese deputy prime minister called WHO the “Chinese Health Organization.” British Prime Minister Boris Johnson reportedly is rethinking U.K.-China ties over China’s lack of candor about the virus.

Congress should investigate how WHO performed against the coronavirus and whether its judgments were corrupted by China’s political influence. Of all international institutions, WHO should be the least political. Its core mission is to coordinate international efforts against epidemics and provide honest public-health guidance.

If WHO is merely a politicized Maginot Line against pandemics, then it is worse than useless and should receive no more U.S. funding. And if foreign-policy elites want to know why so many Americans mistrust international institutions, WHO is it.

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Alabama got the stay at home/shelter in place order suspiciously quickly after Ivey said that she was leaning towards not doing it. So...who made that decision? Probably not her

Top Bottom