| NEWS CoronaVirus and its effects on sports and life in general.

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Century Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
LOL. This reminds me of a time when my father found an ATM receipt of mine on the garage floor. He saw the amount ($300) and the time. He said "shit...I don't know....I don't want to know. All I can say is... making a withdrawal of that size at 1:00 AM couldn't have been for something positive" 😂

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
A lot of students arriving back in Tuscaloosa today and as I'm 'checkin' in' quite a few pictures are being sent and posted.

One thing that struck me from a pic at check-in in Tut. You'll see the social distancing measures including the tape on the floor, right? (Heard the one about the pirate?)

When this first started one of the funniest things I found had to do with these floor markings. As soon as the guidelines were announced we heard "a six feet rule." It's been a constant, right?

Granted, I have an unusual way of looking at things but when I saw every six foot marked out at Lowe's...? Seems one ought to know... 🤷‍♂️

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Six of us went out last night for a quick bite/drink. One of our group is a local math teacher and has been adamant about not wanting to return to school for fear of her health.

As the night went on she pointed out four of the people working there telling us "they are in my classes." As it ends up, she and her "beau" had been to this place about a dozen times over the last few weeks.

Are you seeing the disconnect here? She's more than willing to go to a place to eat with her students serving her but lord no, the idea of teaching?

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
In my eyes apples and oranges comparison - a 1 hour dinner encounter with one or two students for a few minutes to take their order and serving it to being in the same room 5 days a week for 8 hours a day with 30+ students.

BTW I am not one that thinks they cannot make this work but the two comparisons are not equivalent in my eyes.

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Century Club
Reaction score
It's interesting that lots of teachers now suddenly claim that their immune systems are "absolutely shot". One, they certainly never mentioned anything like that before. And two, if that is the case, if their immune systems are shot, as they put it, what were they doing teaching in the first place? The disconnect seems to be getting bigger and bigger.

Top Bottom