| NEWS CoronaVirus and its effects on sports and life in general.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I have been working from home since late Feb. Work for a conservative tech company that was always reluctant to embrace working from home with a few exceptions. Now they have seen that with a select staff in the office to manage hardware development most people can do their work from home. From the business side of things that means they can save money on maintenance cost of the facilities. It is going to happen because it will save the company $$$. If this can happen for a traditionally conservative business it is going to be wide spread.

With all of that said yes we can agree on this!!!
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Roll Tide gentlemen and stay safe!!!

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Home Depot is considering this. My mother in law has been there thirty years and they are opening up to the idea of working from home going forward. Would solve their parking and traffic problem on campus, as well as their stretching at the seams building population.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Interesting read though I suspect it's premature and I definitely feel it's playing on emotional responses (as in fear.) Yes, according to their 1st quarter reports, there's a 10B difference in purchases and refinances. Last year, there was a 50b difference< the opposite way, throughout the entire year. But, I say it's likely premature because...

• The last month of the 1st quarter versus the first month of the second quarter: over a 16% increase from April to May.
  • Then we see a 17% jump in the market in the first month (May) of the second quarter?
  • Then we move to June with a 13+% jump in new home sales. The latter the highest level in almost 15 years.
776K x an average of 329K ... A LOT of new home sales (geez, 250B or so?) I wonder what the refinance numbers are for the first two months of the second quarter.

2.jpg

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Century Club
Reaction score
Companies going full remote seems to be the in thing right now. However, it's not without it's pitfalls. There are lots of things to consider. For starters, how is vacation time handled? I know that on the surface, the answer is "just like it was before. If someone takes a vacation or sick day, they simply don't login that day". But is it THAT simple? And, how is employee productivity really tracked? . Plus...can the whole world really put everything online? Eventually, someone somewhere will say "yeah... there's a reason we were operating out of an office". I don't see the remote workforce thing lasting forever. I know that Google just decided that there would be nobody returning to the offices until 2022. That's a bit extreme, IMO. But at least they are planning on reopening, albeit a very long time from now.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Agreed on all that.... I personally think the physical work place is extremely valuable. But at the same time, it doesn't take 50% of the companies who are basically working from home to continue working from home. Almost certainly a smaller % will find those set backs well worth the cost of not renting out a large office space, which can create a domino effect in that commercial real estate market. Add that to the tens of thousands of businesses who've gone belly up in the last 4 months, and it becomes pretty easy to see some real issues in that market.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
How can the government reach a deal with a pharmaceutical company for a cure and a contract on it, unless they have a promising cure already close to production? Will someone enlighten me on how that can be possible?

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
What in the world is wrong with people? Where was this at?

Have we raised a generation of idiots that need a good whack upside the head? Seems so.

Top Bottom