| NEWS Congratulations to the All Girl Bama Cheer team- National Champions- ❤️🏆

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Way to go ladies. Great to see. Excellence every where at Bama.

94 Grad

Century Club
Reaction score
They were also runner up in the main Division 1A competition. Not a bad showing at all.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
"They," the team back in 2011, were allowed to use the script A IF they went through the licensing department.
That team did not get rings paid for by the University. It isn't a SEC sanctioned event. It's not a NCAA sanctioned event.
That team knew of these policies before the event and before the article and subsequent outcry.
It (cheerleading) isn't a recognized sport by the NCAA in regard to Title IX and participation.

There were a few emotional story lines revolving around that team but didn't it boil down to the point "they" wanted UA to pay for their rings? After all, one of the team members is on record pointing to Kentucky buying their team rings so the Alabama squad felt UA should as well.

I'm still of the opinion ...

#fauxoutrage because they had to pay for something they wanted given to them because someone else had theirs given to them.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
Let's see . . . The school pays for their uniforms, travel to events (including this competition), and refers to the squads as representatives of the school. That sounds like they officially represent the school and its athletic teams. Yet the school won't pay a few grand to congratulate the team on their accomplishment? I'm sure the debate team (not a sport nor recognized by the NCAA) would get the appropriate award recognition for its members.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
@OldPlayer the article you posted was from 2011. Is that still the case for this years squad? Maybe the Athletic Department policy has changed in 8 years.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
The article was from the last time and the disappointment the team had in being recognized. Since they just won the championship, I haven't seen anything saying they would, or wouldn't, get rings. I just hope the new administration will allow them to get rings (and maybe rectify the situation with the previous team).

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I know this ...I could find 'cheap' and 'bastard' in the crevices of this here Internet with a search of when talking about it years ago. Considering the cost I thought the move was petty. The publicity, driven from the C&W as I recall, was something AL.com picked up on.
...and that hasn't changed. It's a nit-picky thing we've seen for years and purse strings are still pulled by some of the same people.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I mean if UA feels that sure about not providing them with rings then they shouldn't be promoting it on their official social media outlets IMO.If you care enough to do that, then give the damn girls rings.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
That's true, but not the point.

The DDAD/CFO is still in place as he has been for 45+ years now.

I see 2011's story no different than the one of 2001 with fRan and new carpet: he'll exercise his weight at any given time and with any given opportunity. In his weird world, this falls into the same oversight as the cupcakes did with their script A's.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
If you care about the cheerleaders please share this link on your social media and donate.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
They can't use the script A without approval of the school. That was an issue the last time the cheerleaders won a championship. The cheerleaders were willing to pay for their own rings but the school would not give permission to use the A.

Top Bottom