| NEWS College Football Playoffs 2018-'19: 1)Bama 2) Clemson 3) Notre Dame 4) Oklahoma

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Clemson struggled mightily against the Aggies and they also gave up a ton of points and yards against South Carolina. Who have they beaten to actually confirm they are going to whitewash Notre Dame? Never know about matchups and schemes.

bamaledge

Vigilate, et audax
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Dabo... an Alabama boy!

Century Club
Reaction score
So I would guess GA plays OSU in the Sugar Bowl.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Okla a very flawed team. If we can limit TO's we should be just fine. Obviously they will score some points but we should be able to whip them physically up front on enough plays to pin them into some third and long situations!

I have a feeling that ND and Clemson game is going to be a good one. Maybe because it seems like Clemson hasn't played a good team in a long ass time... And I've always thought Kelly was a very good coach.

Century Club
Reaction score
Westgate Vegas has Bama -14
Clemson -11

sk33tr

el jefe
Bama Club
Reaction score
sitting here watching a youtube vid of guys making their pics on who the top 4 should be. i think the show was done early, yesterday, before the official top 4 was released. and there are a couple who were making their case for UGA.

now...while their arguments are sound, there's a couple things that keep nagging at me in the back of my mind.

first: UGA now has 2 losses. if you look at that and compare it with the other 3 teams, BAMA, Clemson, OK....2 of those are undefeated and 1 has only 1 loss (OK). so should UGA get in instead of OK simply because they were ahead of or tied with the #1 team except for the final minute of their conference championship game? also, should they get in instead of OK even though they have 2 losses and OK has only 1?

second: ND is the other team of the top 4. they were idle this week due to them not having a conference championship game...which is due to them not being in a conference. yes, they're undefeated. but they're not in a conference so they can't claim anything like a conference champion can. so should they be in and UGA left out? but, again, UGA does have 2 losses and ND is undefeated. also, i really think the NCAA or even the CFP committee should tell them that if they want to be in the playoffs, they need to join a conference in football and make it to the conference championship game.

stuff like this is why the CFP needs to go to 8 teams as soon as possible. i know the committee has said they have no plans to do that...but they need to REALLY rethink that whole mindset.

i posted the following on another forum:

*drop the regular season to 10 games (with off weeks, it goes to 11 weeks)
*teams should play nobody but conference opponents during regular season (someone made a comment about how this would screw non-BCS {don't no where or why they get BCS...?} teams out of playoff spots as they wouldn't get a chance to play a Power 5 team to boost their SOS. also, going to an 8-team playoff would mean the non-Power-5 conferences would have a chance at putting at least 3 teams in the playoffs.)

*move conference championship games to 2 weeks after regular season

*playoffs start 4 weeks after conf. champ. games (after thinking about it...maybe bring it back to 3 weeks)

also, stop coming up with more and more bowl games and allowing teams that have losing records (5-7) to go to a bowl game. this is college...participation trophies shouldn't be a thing. hell, i even have apprehension about letting a 6-6 team go to a bowl game. being 6-6 just means you were mediocre enough to win as many games as you lost. but that's all just my opinion and doesn't amount to much.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Yeah I forgot Big Ten winner was tied to the Rose Bowl.
More importantly, the SEC and Big 12 are tied to the Sugar when it's not a semi-final location.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
FWIW. Saban voted Clemson #1 in coaches poll.

Last year Dabo voted Alabama #5. He said he was trying to get rid of us. Is Coach Saban sending a different message?

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I don't think he has voted Bama at #1 all year.
I watched him sprinkle special grass over the Superdome last year and heard Nesslar refer to him as a spiritual man. No, that's a superstitious man. Maybe his horoscope is giving him advice.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Dabo voted Bama #1 in last years final poll—it was unanimous.
We aren't discussing the last poll, we are discussing the poll that decides who is in the playoff. You know, the one that he dreaded playing Bama again.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score

Top Bottom