| MBB/WBB Coach K to retire after this upcoming season

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club

Legendary Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski will retire following the upcoming 2021-22 college basketball season, according to Stadium's Jeff Goodman. Krzyzewski, famously known as "Coach K," has led the Duke program since 1980 to five NCAA Tournament victories, 12 Final Four appearances and 27 combined ACC titles in tournament and regular-season competition.

A three-time Naismith College Coach of the Year and five-time ACC Coach of the Year, Krzyzewski has a 1097-302 (.784) all-time record at Duke with 25+ wins in 22 of the last 24 seasons dating back to 1997-98.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Like him or not, Coach K has had an impressive run at Duke since 1980. I wish the man well in retirement. I am not a fan of Duke basketball but I love the energy you see at Cameron during a basketball game.

BamaFan334

Crimson Tide Club
I'm torn as it is no secret at all that he has cheated big time to get recruits at Duke. Just look at the Zion Williamson mess. Back in the 80's and early 90's I'd like to think things were a little more pure than they are now, but still can't get over the hump of calling him a legend knowing he has cheated. That's like saying Barry Bonds, Clemens, McGwire, and Sammy Sosa belong in the Hall of Fame knowing they cheated to achieve their stats. It's a slap in the face to all of the guys that did it the right way and still played at the highest level in the sport with hard work and talent.

Top Bottom