| FTBL Clemson's prep for Bama

im4uainva

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Well, now that Clemson has disposed of ATM, they can now start preparing for Bama. Deja Vu from last year. I find it hard to believe they'll have to spend much time preparing for anyone else on their schedule.

ROLL TIDE!
P.S. Had to edit. I keep forgetting that UM jumped ship to the BIG 10.

bearsnest

Verified Member
Registered
Reaction score
Lets hope some voodoo falls upon them and some team beats them, not probable but I've seen crazier things happen

bearsnest

Verified Member
Registered
Reaction score
to add to this someone told me finebaum was talking to some caller yesterday that Bama better win it this year because next year we will not have a quarterback/CNS would be getting to old yada yada, and that clemsum would then become the dominant team that the media darlings want them to be because Bama want be a threat anymore and they would always dominate the ACC and basically cruise to the playoffs with all their starters fresh from playing half games all year

NickelDoubleDog

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I suspect saban has been working on Clemson for 8-9 months already
Undoubtedly. The offensive change to more pro style and less RPO is the main one. Having a real DC who can coordinate and call a D is another.

Schematically I am sure he has plenty of new ideas, but #1 and #2 from above are the biggest ways.

As for Clemson, I don't see them winning it this year. I'll take the field of Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Ohio St, and Oklahoma - one from that group will take down Clemson in the semis.

sk33tr

el jefe
Bama Club
Reaction score
just remember...

no team that was ranked #1 at the time has won the cfp championship.

TideatMileHigh

Registered
Reaction score
Must be nice having the talent of Alabama while simultaneously playing in a conference in which the only two teams capable of posing a recruiting challenge to you both suck ass.

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
just remember...

no team that was ranked #1 at the time has won the cfp championship.

But..... in mathematical single events.... that statistic means 0....
But by December they may not be #1

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Coach Saban mentioned it in the video posted in this thread that Alabama was practicing ~15-20% slower (speed/performance numbers) in the game AND in practice prior to Clemson game.

I understood that it was 20% less from their baseline performance based on the metrics they gather. No idea what all they measure. I am sure speed is indeed one of them.

What I wandered was if they someway average this as a team otherwise it should be per person metrics. Did everyone truly show 20% less?

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
What I wandered was if they someway average this as a team otherwise it should be per person metrics. Did everyone truly show 20% less?
Saw a DB that looked at least 20% less....or clemson receivers that looked 20% more

Top Bottom