| FTBL Christion Jones released by CFL team for anti-gay tweet

BAMAneck

Extra Point Club
Reaction score
As much as I agree with him about the guy thing .

HYPOCRITE ALERT .... I must say in full disclosure that I lived with a girl who also enjoyed the company of another woman and I must say it was an awesome 3 years ....

Destiny's Child

It's Rolling Baby
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
I agree with what he said and I believe if he would have said that he believes in the Bible’s definition of marriage and it’s purpose.. then he would have probably been ok.
Secondly, people using social media to put out their thoughts on every subject, will have these things blow up your face. Spent 20 years in the media and around marketing I only use LinkedIn for the most part.“ It’s better to be thought an idiot than open your mouth and remove all doubt!“ this was my Grandfather’s favorite saying and it’s proven true continually.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
I guess we do have freedom of speech but not freedom of consequences.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Man... I know everyone thinks this generation "has it easy", but I look at stuff like this and beg to differ.

I'm so grateful there wasn't social media back when I was in MS/HS/College. Even in my 20's I was an idiot, and now in my 30's I don't really understand how to utilize social media as well as I should.

I have a very critical outlook on how the internet (fake news) and Social Media (low value interaction) has effected society. I don't believe we as humans quite understood the power and the negative impact this would have on our every day lives. We haven't evolved enough to handle all these interactions, fake relationships, and judgements that are constantly being digested. Look at how quickly this has all happened... Eeesh. Hows that for some Sunday positivity... LOL. RTR

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
This will unfortunately follow Christon going forward. Any future employee will likely do the politically correct thing and not hire him.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
So he can't say what he thinking!

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
My great grandson had his Puppy Patrol shirt on. I told them it's okay, even if the Cop Dog is on it. Why, because all of them had the rainbow color coming out of them!

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Century Club
Reaction score
These times in which we live are fucking insane, and it really has nothing to do with the pandemic and rioting. It's been this way for some time, and it's only getting worse. This gay stuff is just maddening. I mean.....I don't agree with the lifestyle myself. It's not for me, never has been, never will be. But, to say such a thing, (even phrasing it that way), is seen as hate speech. And not so much by gay people....but by other straight people. Just....fucking silly. IMO, there are too many straight people out there who insinuate themselves into issues within the gay community and they make problems where there aren't any. It's just hilarious how many people will unfriend anyone (on social media) who isn't 1000% like them. Any disagreement with them in any form is met with an automatic unfriending and blocking. I clashed with a Latina friend of mine on FB a few weeks back. I thought for sure she was gonna boot me. But...surprisingly....she didn't. I think she used to unfriend anyone who disagreed with her, but I think she came to realize that eventually, she wasn't going to have any friends left. A few years ago, I posted on my FB page that if I wanted to be kicked out every time I disagreed with someone, I would have stayed on the Tidefans forum LOL.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
It was obvious this was coming. Ever since liberals realized only the government is required to allow free speech they have pushed the idea that not only can companies do what they want but they are required to enforce speech codes or face protests, boycotts, and possible violence. We will all have the right to say whatever we want without government interference as long as we have no desire to be able to make a living ever again. Except if you bake cakes, then you are required to do whatever they want you to do.

sk33tr

el jefe
Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
freedom of speech does, indeed, carry that "burden". and i'm ok with that. don't be afraid to say what you want. just about anything you say is gonna be hated or loathed or reviled by one group or another. you absolutely can't please all the people all the time. so just be yourself, say what's in your heart, and move on. freedom of speech not only gives you the right to say what you want, but it also gives your enemies a voice. it's all or nothing. i'll take the all vs. the nothing.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Freedom of speech in the U.S. means that the government cannot restrict you from saying almost anything (you can't yell fire in a theater). That doesn't mean an employer must allow you to say anything, especially if it violates policies of inclusion. The laws in Canada are slightly different, but an employer does not have to allow you to speak against anyone of a class of people (determined by race, ethnicity, sex, lifestyle, etc.).

Top Bottom