| GOLF Charles Barkley explains how he met Phil Mickelson

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I love me some Charles Barkley. I hate the fact that he is a barner, but he is awesome. Junior Dunaway (sports radio in B'ham). tells the story that if he is out anywhere, and Barkley sees him, he always comes over and chats with him and picks up the check.

Said in 2010 they were in Arizona for the MNC game between AU and Oregon. Said he (Dunaway) was on the company dime and the guys from their radio show was all at a restaurant eating together. Charles comes in for dinner and sees them. Comes to the table and chats with them for a few minutes and catches up......then proceeds to pick up the tab for their meal, even though it was on the company dime.

Another thing I like about Charles is the fact that he has an opinion and will own it. I may not always agree with him, but this day and age of political correctness an everyone bending over to bad publicity.....Sir Charles will give it the middle finger and say, yeah......I said that.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I heard one over the weekend where a guy was recounting his time caddying for Barkley and Charles had paid him a lot more than he could comprehend for a few hours work. He went on to say he tried to return the money and Chuck told him, "Son, if there's anything I can teach you today let it be this. If someone hands you cash, take it and run."

Fits in one of the more ironic ways considering his stories about his time at Auburn. He admittedly says he took the money and ran.

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
He walked down to the super dome beside us for the 2011 NCG against LSU. Had about 5-6 beautiful young ladies surrounding him. He was having a good time and was very polite to all of us around him. Called people out, talked some smack, etc. He doesn’t care what you think of him. I like the guy.

Top Bottom