| NEWS đźŹ† CFP Selection Show (and bowls) #1 Bama vs #4 Cincy in the semi's (UM vs UGA)

mando

Sideline Club
if meatchicken beats tOS
Not going to happen. UM under Harbaugh is going to do what they always do in this game and that will be to lose by double digits.

First, we have to beat the barn. If we lose that game
This beat the barn. If we lose that game we do not deserve to even sniff the playoffs. It will not be an easy game unfortunately. Not drinking this point spread rat poison.

TerryP

Ivory Club
The top two, top four, and top 12 mirror the committee's rankings.

FEz3o1XXMAcwXb2

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
All well said....takecare of business...

I got Michigan over osu....
Houston over Cincinnati

Bama over uga...
Ok state to win big 12...

Then its ok state or nd in playoffs...

Nd in...Gundy throws a fit...again
Bama vs nd again

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
I anticpate several upsets in next two weeks.
Michigan over OSU, If Michigan wins, Alabama goes back to #2
Stanford over ND, If ND lose, it opens the door for Bama to land at #4 or 5 should they lose to Georgia.
Oklahoma St over Oklahoma Just for fun :)
Cincy- Won't lose a game this weekend, but conference championship against Houston. I think they drop. if Cincy lose, then we know Bama has stronger chance than other team to be a 2 loss team to get in.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Stanford over ND, If ND lose, it opens the door for Bama to land at #4 or 5 should they lose to Georgia.
Cincy- Won't lose a game this weekend, but conference championship against Houston. I think they drop. if Cincy lose, then we know Bama has stronger chance than other team to be a 2 loss team to get in.
All good...but Stanford is a lost cause....
They are bad...how they beat Oregon is a miracle

Davestwin

Sideline Club
If Bama becomes the first team in with two losses, a lot of college football pundits heads will explode ... Herbstreit, Kanell, Galloway, Cowturd, Brando and wittle Joey Goodman might cause a chain reaction of nuclear proportions. Then the overwhelming pressure from fans of the other conferences along with jealous Bama haters from the SEC, will force the expanded playoffs to occur a whole lot more rapidly.

mando

Sideline Club
If Bama becomes the first team in with two losses, a lot of college football pundits heads will explode ... Herbstreit, Kanell, Galloway, Cowturd, Brando and wittle Joey Goodman might cause a chain reaction of nuclear proportions. Then the overwhelming pressure from fans of the other conferences along with jealous Bama haters from the SEC, will force the expanded playoffs to occur a whole lot more rapidly.
I am one that does not want to be in if we have 2 losses. Win out then let's talk.

TerryP

Ivory Club
This week could be interesting in the rankings. Michigan will likely go to #2, Bama may drop to 4, Okie State could get in, despite losing to them, ND could jump Cincy, too. It's all over the place.
I'd imagine they'll look at ranked wins and compare UM's to the UArk win. They'll metric SOR which'll be close. That would be a jump from #5 to #2. I don't know if it's precedented. It doesn't seem unlikely.

Cincy at #4 with UM at #3? 🤷‍♂️

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Joey Galloway: "They beat the #2 team, I've got them at #2."

View attachment 19701
Huh. Galloway and I think alike. Thanks for that.

Houston should ease up the rankings again this week, giving Cincy an opportunity to say they have a quality conference champ game. It's all going to be messy at the end with the 1-loss teams. I see no way Bama loses to GA and gets in.

bamaledge

Vigilate, et audax
Crimson Tide Club
I don’t see Michigan leapfrogging us but they played well and we didn’t. There were a lot of struggle wins in rivalry games, so I don’t know how the voting will go.

AFF

Century Club
I don’t see Michigan leapfrogging us but they played well and we didn’t. There were a lot of struggle wins in rivalry games, so I don’t know how the voting will go.
Hard to say who has a "better best win", Michigan (OSU) or Alabama (Ole Miss). Both are 10-2 and in the top 10. Also hard to say who had the worse loss as both Purdue and Texas A&M are both 8-4. A&M didn't do us any favors by losing to LSU last night.

If we stay at 2 - we MIGHT be able to withstand a loss in the SECCG without falling out of top 4. If we drop....it'll be tough.

Our D just needs to go shut down the UGA offense next weekend and let BY work his magic. Tall order.

AFF

Century Club
Perception wise not even in the same league. Beating OSU is a better win.
Perhaps. And maybe the committee will see it that way too. OSU certainly had more hype this year. And their talent is better as a whole than Ole Miss'. Hard to say which would possibly motivate the Bama team more - staying at #2 and having a little bit of a cushion (not much of one) --- or getting leap-frogged by Michigan and the perceived disrespect that might come with that.

Either way, Bama better get motivated and bring their best game of the year next week.

mando

Sideline Club
Perhaps. And maybe the committee will see it that way too. OSU certainly had more hype this year. And their talent is better as a whole than Ole Miss'. Hard to say which would possibly motivate the Bama team more - staying at #2 and having a little bit of a cushion (not much of one) --- or getting leap-frogged by Michigan and the perceived disrespect that might come with that.

Either way, Bama better get motivated and bring their best game of the year next week.
Bama is who they are this year and expect them to be up and down next week just as they have been all year. Now I hope we see what we have seen over the years where one week a team plays poorly then comes out the next week and plays like world beaters. Doubt it will happen for Bama but I can dream.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Bama wins. Yhey are in
Bama loses. They are not in. Period

ND will be 1 loss and in and no cc game
Cincinnati will be in sith a win
Michigan needs to win conference
Oklahoma state same

Could be major chaos when Bama wins and leaves only 2 slots If the 3 above all win conference

So.

Be Bama @1
Uga @2
Michigan @3
ND at 4

Top Bottom