| NEWS đźŹ† CFP Selection Show (and bowls) #1 Bama vs #4 Cincy in the semi's (UM vs UGA)

TerryP

Ivory Club
Let's just go back to the BCS, or for that matter, only bowl games.

The same media that drove the playoff narrative for years are now doing their damnedest to drive everyone away.

I'm setting up a monitor I 'cast' to on Saturday's:

FOX - Joel Klatt, literally, "it's about the four most deserving teams."
ESPN - Kirk Herbstreit, "let's look at last year and what Cincinnati did."

Kirk Van de Graaff

Gravity Checker
Scholarship Club
Cincinnati Snotbubbles

baby-crying-loudly-with-runny-nose-meme-33cf5ee4659b4106b5e7fe1c89bfe3b4.jpg

TerryP

Ivory Club
The only comments I've caught this morning are those on ESPN's Sportscenter All Night. There the questions and main point of their report looked at Michigan and Michigan State.

What caught my attention was "where's Penn State?" That's a 6-3 team who beat another 6-3 team who happens to be ranked 17th. I get why they aren't in the top ten, ya know, but I also know that of of the losses they had in their three game skid were to top five teams, one being Ohio State. Close losses as well with IU being the 'sore thumb.'

🤷‍♂️

Crimson&WhiteGecko

Century Club
I really don't get all the hand wringing at this point. There are 4 more weeks of football to be played & so much will sort itself out with the top 10 at least in the next 3 weeks.

However, I do understand the media needs a drum to beat to draw ratings which is all this is so far.

mando

Sideline Club
I really don't get all the hand wringing at this point. There are 4 more weeks of football to be played & so much will sort itself out with the top 10 at least in the next 3 weeks.

However, I do understand the media needs a drum to beat to draw ratings which is all this is so far.
Talking heads have to have a reason to get paid. This is all about that until the final one. Think about how many people will discuss this and tune into their favorite show... Advertisement money.

TerryP

Ivory Club

Imagine being a Michigan or Michigan State fan.

The story has me, media be damned. I like seeing those two teams and Ohio State 'going at it' for that division. I realize we can't say much about the B1G-west.

A weird note about the western side of the B1G. Three ranked teams; did you see where and how they're ranked? 18, 19, and 20th. #20, Iowa, has the best overall record. All three are tied in conference play with Minnesota who isn't ranked.

"Are you not entertained?!"

Crimson&WhiteGecko

Century Club
Imagine being a Michigan or Michigan State fan.

The story has me, media be damned. I like seeing those two teams and Ohio State 'going at it' for that division. I realize we can't say much about the B1G-west.

A weird note about the western side of the B1G. Three ranked teams; did you see where and how they're ranked? 18, 19, and 20th. #20, Iowa, has the best overall record. All three are tied in conference play with Minnesota who isn't ranked.

I'm sorta closet Michigan State fan. I lived in Lansing as a kid & it was one of the best experiences of my life. My father & brother saw Michigan state when CNS was an assistant there. Anyway...

That MSU, UM, tOSU trifecta will work itself out like ours will. I don't see it being anywhere close to the BCS issue when tOSU & UM were undefeated & the loser missed out in the NCG.

Frankly, all the hype of this stuff has lost its luster to me after watching 'Bama make it through to win or lose at the very end. All those other issues folks go crazy about comparing schedules & head to heads are pointless until the regular season ends. And it usually gets worked out at the end.

Rolltide24

Century Club
I think if A&M had started the season with this QB, they’d be undefeated. Just my hunch. They would likely not lose to Miss state again nor Arkansas.

We’ve got 2 top 25 teams left on the schedule and possibly a 3rd in the SECCG. Plenty of time to showcase what we’ve got.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
I think if A&M had started the season with this QB, they’d be undefeated. Just my hunch. They would likely not lose to Miss state again nor Arkansas.

We’ve got 2 top 25 teams left on the schedule and possibly a 3rd in the SECCG. Plenty of time to showcase what we’ve got.
And sitting fine....
B12. B10. Backloaded schedules its working out to be....
P12 sitting on ledge
Acc...nowhere to be found
And ND kinda like a snake in grass...just sitting there...no much talk...

Yes. Very entertaining....

mando

Sideline Club
I do not see it happening personally if Bama were to lose in SEC championship game. Heck at this point we still have to beat the next 2 opponents. Bama needs to focus on Bama and simply work to get better. Losing depth at RB will not help matters. I have been wondering about Trey Sanders and what was up with him, I guess we are about to find out. I did see one play yesterday where he whiffed pass blocking. Maybe that has been the issue. I have just been assuming that he was not back to his pre accident self.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
I do not see it happening personally if Bama were to lose in SEC championship game. Heck at this point we still have to beat the next 2 opponents. Bama needs to focus on Bama and simply work to get better. Losing depth at RB will not help matters. I have been wondering about Trey Sanders and what was up with him, I guess we are about to find out. I did see one play yesterday where he whiffed pass blocking. Maybe that has been the issue. I have just been assuming that he was not back to his pre accident self.
Trey looked good...it was a tired over matched NMS D though...
But he Looked fine

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Let's just go back to the BCS, or for that matter, only bowl games.

The same media that drove the playoff narrative for years are now doing their damnedest to drive everyone away.

I'm setting up a monitor I 'cast' to on Saturday's:

FOX - Joel Klatt, literally, "it's about the four most deserving teams."
ESPN - Kirk Herbstreit, "let's look at last year and what Cincinnati did."
It because the SEC has dominate the BCS, and the Playoff 4 teams.

mando

Sideline Club
Trey looked good...it was a tired over matched NMS D though...
But he Looked fine
This is why him not getting more playing time has been perplexing. Assumed CNS knew something we did not.

I do think he has looked like he was playing as fast or as quick as he had prior to the accident but still had looked good. He is about to get his shot. Hope he is indeed 100% and just needs that chance to get it back in high gear. We need him to contribute at a high level.

TerryP

Ivory Club
This is why him not getting more playing time has been perplexing. Assumed CNS knew something we did not.

I do think he has looked like he was playing as fast or as quick as he had prior to the accident but still had looked good. He is about to get his shot. Hope he is indeed 100% and just needs that chance to get it back in high gear. We need him to contribute at a high level.
He hasn't been practicing that long because he hasn't been healthy enough.

Top Bottom