| FTBL CBS gets the Auburn vs Alabama game: afternoon kick. (plus TV schedule for the weekend.)

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Century Club
Reaction score
That game can't get here fast enough. I hope Covid doesn't fuck this one up too. It's bad enough that we won't be avenging last season's loss to LSU but it would be unbearable if the barners get the bragging rights for another 365...by fucking default. They honestly think they are going to beat us in T Town because of a win over a HORRIBLE, I repeat HORRIBLE LSU team

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
never ever ever.....Broyles wasnt a good analyst...but not bad......only got barely enough football...didnt bitch about anything....
I remember the officiating was awful and very bias...often... but couldn’t do anything about it.... lots of calls changed games.....
I remember when Keith was on the #2 crew...
Bud Wilkerson crew was top crew....

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I wish Gary would retire and they would have Nessler and Blackledge back together.

Only a few more years and this contract will be up. Then we can bitch about all the ESPN announcers. Beth Mowens included.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Times were much different. People actually thought before they spoke and showed a some respect for people. So with that context, I really never heard anyone complain about Keith Jackson. Jackson was a legend and there was lots of excitement when you knew he was going to call the game because it meant it was a big game. With Broyles I just do not recall but again based on the times I doubt they did.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Reaction score
Danielson has actually gotten worse since Verne retired. I am honestly waiting on Nessler to tell him to stfu on a hot mike

And no I never ridiculed Mr Jackson and Broyles benefited greatly being paired with Mr Jackson

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Boy, my Dad would've disagreed! He HATED when Ara was the color commentator. Probably the only announcer I can remember as a kid that my Dad had an opinion on.

Having Keith Jackson call your game was a testament to its importance, and a pleasure to watch.

A few of my favorite Keith Jackson quotes/advice. If only a few current announcers would take heed:

RIP Mr. Jackson.

RTR,

Tim

Top Bottom