| FTBL Bucknuts (Ohio State) writer is all pissed off at Saban, Bama, and the analysts again.

sk33tr

el jefe
Bama Club
Control.....Saban has it.

I guess maybe that's why others are jealous. When Coach Saban was hired, Mal Moore gave him total control over the program. HE knew that was the only way to get it back to where it is, now. But I guess other school are scared to do that. Take a look at Auburn. They'd probably have a much better program if Pat Dye hadn't been there for so long, calling the shots. But they're afraid to give over total control to anyone. And any coach who goes there better know that.

mando

Sideline Club
You can give control if the person you give it to knows what they are doing. Could you imagine if the Barners had given full control to the Gus Bus? Good lord it would be an even worse cesspool than it is now and that is saying something.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
These writers wake up and immediately ask themselves “what can I whine about today?”

A much less pussified point of view would be “why doesn’t (insert underperforming school here) take advantage of all the resources available?”

But that doesn’t generate the same friction that an asshurt “BaMA iz mEaN” statement does

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
And many are fired coaches being paid by another...some times ....a competing school...

and...

@TerryP .... a lothave near or equal resources as bama....certainly osu or texas

This is a great point. A coach isn't looking to make $30-50,000 a year working at Alabama, nor is probably any up and comer in the fast paced world of coaching. Most of these guys are being paid millions by a former employee and can afford to be paid MUCH less at the moment while learning from the best in efforts of getting one more shot at the big spot. It's not easy raising a family on $30,000 a year, so I imagine that's why Alabama's formula works compared to a lot of others.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
How about living in Tuscaloosa in August n September...lol

I was raised in Bama and did two a days in the August heat, back when no water was allowed and you ate salt pills. :) I have had 31 Ohio winters and some are miserable with below zero temps for days at a time and deep snow and wind blowing.

XXL TideFan

Seer
Bama Club
He is squawking about an AD making an appt. Busy people’s lives are appt oriented. NCAA knows the analysts are legit or it would have long ago ceased to be. I truly hope Alabama has learned from the past and sues the hell out of the ncaa for even looking in a southerly direction.

TerryP

Ivory Club
a lothave near or equal resources as bama....certainly osu or texas

It's not easy raising a family on $30,000 a year, so I imagine that's why Alabama's formula works compared to a lot of others.
Two months ago, to the date, Bucknuts published an article updating their followers on coaching changes within their football program.

Paul Rhoads, who you may remember as the head coach for Iowa State for almost a decade or as the DC for Arkansas, was hired as a defensive analyst for the Buckeyes.

Todd Fitch, who was Vandy's OC last season, was hired as an offensive analyst.

Read this paragraph from ElevenWarriors about their spring and how Ohio State is revamping their coaching structure. Again, an article written two months ago covering how they are hiring...analyst.

Jones' story marks the most recent evolution of coaching support staff, and one the Buckeyes are beginning to explore themselves.

All of these gripes about how other schools are doing things and here they are reporting how they are doing the same thing?!?!

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
This is a great point. A coach isn't looking to make $30-50,000 a year working at Alabama, nor is probably any up and comer in the fast paced world of coaching. Most of these guys are being paid millions by a former employee and can afford to be paid MUCH less at the moment while learning from the best in efforts of getting one more shot at the big spot. It's not easy raising a family on $30,000 a year, so I imagine that's why Alabama's formula works compared to a lot of others.
Casey, I believe a young coach fresh out of college after having been a GA for a couple of years would jump at the chance. He would likely be gone after a 2 year stint as analyst and move on to an on field position.

TerryP

Ivory Club
How much of this comes back to name recognition? The article linked earlier focused on Butch Jones in his role. Then fans like these Ohio State guys hear names like Sark, or Charlie Strong. What you don't see is fan bases upset that Terry Bowden was in a similar role at Clemson.

Name recognition + winning ?

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Casey, I believe a young coach fresh out of college after having been a GA for a couple of years would jump at the chance. He would likely be gone after a 2 year stint as analyst and move on to an on field position.

Probably some truth to that, but that kind of money isn't buying you anything in Tuscaloosa these days. Think about rent/mortgage, vehicle, food, and gas and you can't survive. Much easier for a guy like Butch Jones and Charlie Strong with $20-30M in earnings to accept and get those years under their belt. Ohio State isn't getting these guys.