| FTBL Bryce Young Wins 2021 Heisman Memorial Trophy

Kirk Van de Graaff

Gravity Checker
Scholarship Club
Bama, the school known for defense and who never had a Heisman winner before Saban came to town, now will have a winner at 3 of the 4 offensive skill positions. Just need a TE to win it. Last TE to win it was in 1949 so I find it doubtful another ever will.
We might be the first to send a defensive player, Will Anderson being back and all. Ha

TerryP

Ivory Club
Bama, the school known for defense and who never had a Heisman winner before Saban came to town, now will have a winner at 3 of the 4 offensive skill positions. Just need a TE to win it. Last TE to win it was in 1949 so I find it doubtful another ever will.
Saban ties Frank Leahy as the only two coaches who have had four Heisman trophy winners.

The fourth trophy will make Alabama's program the only one with four (NCAA) and the leading school in conference.

With Bryce coming back are we looking at the possibility of the second back to back winner?

I believe Alabama and Oklahoma will be the only two schools who have had players win in back to back years.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Here's one for you from DraftKings media:

It’s been a wild college football season, which meant championship weekend was bound to be a dull affair. Only Baylor sprung what many would consider to be a true upset, even if Georgia was favored to beat Alabama. However, the Heisman race did gain some clarity as conferences decided who their champion would be. Here’s how the candidates stack up as we close the books on the chase for college football’s top individual honor.​

Bryce Young QB, Alabama

Brand: Frontrunner

Young has separated himself over the last two weeks with strong performances, but it was the SEC title game which has put him on a level above everyone else. The quarterback threw for 421 yard and three touchdowns, the former being a SEC title game record. The Crimson Tide walloped Georgia 41-24 and are likely to be the top seed in the playoff. He may not feel like a Heisman winner, but no one truly did this season. Young is the favorite to win this thing.​

Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt

Brand: The non-CFP star

If you want to go by pure numbers, Pickett should be lifting that trophy. Pitt isn’t going to the CFP, but it would’ve gone nowhere without the senior quarterback. Pickett threw for 4,066 yards and 40 touchdowns, with just seven interceptions, in the regular season. He led the Panthers to the ACC title, their first ever conference championship in the group. Pickett also added five rushing scores. He did as much if not more than Young with substantially lesser supporting talent.​
> If you want to go by pure numbers, Pickett should be lifting that trophy.​
The pure numbers, okay.​
Bryce has...​
A better completion percentage,​
more yards,​
more yards per attempt,​
more touchdowns,​
fewer interceptions,​
a better QB rating,​
and fewer attempts per game with more yards per game.​

TerryP

Ivory Club
Ohio State's Archi Griffith is the only one to win it back to back.... I see the difference of your point but technically its the same.
I should have been more clear. Two different players in back to back years...which means I should go back and edit, right?

Bryce makes back to back, two players, same school.
Bryce then makes it back to back, same player, same school for the schools third consecutive year.

Damn. Historical Heisman run with a few cherries on top.

Top Bottom