| FTBL Breaking this off the virus thread...if the PAC doesn't play football, here's a few teams Bama could play.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Would be even cooler to play in Amon Carter stadium ;)

I'm just not a fan of Jerry World.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
A small note/correction here...

It was about this time last year when we learned of the financial aspects of the game for UA. They are getting six million to play in Arlington. The game was agreed to back in March of last year. At the time the dollar amounts were announced neither Cowboys Stadium LLC or ESPN Productions had signed onto the deal. UA, however, already had their agreement with Advocare signed and in place. It's just Jerry's house, not his money.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Stand somewhat corrected....
Not disagreeing....for once....but i cant see "how one can be without the other being"...
But probably semantics more than anything else...
Advocare paying bama....jerry rewarded with use of his house....and what goes with it....

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
USC beat writer was just on the radio and he sounded like - and kind of implied - that USC would look for a way to get out of the game with Bama whether they are playing football by then or not.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
It's no big deal with me but I don't think you know the financial aspects of how this game breaks down. Really. No big deal. Jerry is making his money but UA isn't getting their slice from him.

I'll tell you what's cool though ...
We have a member here who has ...I'm guessing 15-20k tickets to the game. He's not posted in a few years [EDIT, has already read this]...Arkansas fan, but he's going to make a mint. Now...he's also a pastor of a small church in Arkansas so good for him. Right?

Location (important) and TV (equally) have their role in these games. The set-up now-a-day tends to come from "sponsored councils." @252BAMA may be willing to share some insight on how it's worked in ATL.

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Exactly. The things that makes the blood boil is how the bus bullshitted his way to that win because he knew that it was the end for him if it didn't happen. That motherfucker knew good and well that he could challenge any call he wanted and the ruling would have been in his favor simply because the refs don't deny the barn anything in JHS. And he knew that he could do some illegal trickery at the end with that formation bullshit. He knew that anything he wanted to try would work. It is hard enough going a damn year before being able to avenge the losses to them and LSWHO. But having to go for two years (in the event that the season gets the ax) is unimaginable. This season must get played. I don't care if they have to resort to playing games in backyards and parking lots. No way can I go two years with losses to the barn and LSWHO hanging over us.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Man I love the Barner hatred on this thread. Great job guys!!!!! Roll Tide..

252BAMA

AKA: ALA2262
Bama Club
Reaction score
They are all essentially the same. The Classics book the stadiums and control the event just as they would a rock concert, monster truck show, etc. Jerry would have no more to do with the Advocare Classic than Arthur Blank has to do with the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic. Which is nothing.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Good list of schools who've made a decision on fall semester.

Top Bottom