| FTBL Breaking this off the virus thread...if the PAC doesn't play football, here's a few teams Bama could play.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Josh brought this up yesterday.

Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
If that were to happen here's a few of the teams Bama could schedule. I suspect some will run away from the idea (Michigan.)

MIchigan, TCU, Okie State are the top three...BYU is free as well.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
From the other thread the hot spot areas may not need to play. The fans traveling could be bringing the virus to areas that have low numbers which would put those areas at more risk. Keep hot spots isolated.

Lets go ahead and shutdown Lee County just because :).

Reaction score
JMO but the Bama AD should avoid any PAC12 teams for football games going forward. This isn't your Father's college football or country.

252BAMA

AKA: ALA2262
Bama Club
Reaction score
Texas Tech, tOSU, ND, and Houston. ND would lose two scheduled games, Stanford and USC. tOSU is to play at Oregon. Might be willing to replace USC at Arlington. The four you named appear to be the most likely.

Last edited:

252BAMA

Bama Club
Reaction score
Notre Dame is a stretch because they don't play neutral site games except for their Shamrock series. But they are off on 9/5 after playing Navy in Ireland on 8/29, and they would be allowed to play 13 games this season because of that. It wouldn't be as bad as 2016 when Hawaii played Cal in Australia in Week 0 and then played at Michigan in Week 1. :what:

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Wouldnt it be fun to be in the "think tank " of the sec ( and other conference commissioners) commissioner and seeing what all potential options are being developed....... i bet its wild as some of speculation.....

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
@TerryP , I’d be more than happy to play Michigan to open the season should the PAC pull the plug on their teams playing this fall. Could you imagine a opening season loss by Harbaugh and company being the final nail in his coffin?

252BAMA

Bama Club
Reaction score
Here are Terry's Top 4 and why they are the Top 4.

Michigan which is scheduled to play at Washington on 9/5.

Oklahoma State which is scheduled to play Oregon State on 9/3.

TCU which is scheduled to play at California on 9/5.

BYU which is scheduled to play at Utah on 9/3.

252BAMA

Bama Club
Reaction score
FWIW, ND will get all the credit for the Navy game being scheduled in Ireland, when, in fact, they didn't have a damn thing to do with it. The game is a Navy home game and they could have scheduled it on an aircraft carrier in the middle of an ocean if they had so desired.

The series has always been H/H with most of the games prior to 1953 being off-site home games for both. The Navy home games have all been off-site. They have never played ND at home.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Speaking of Hawaii earlier...they'd be off as well if the PAC cancels its season. There are a handful of others but knowing the crowd here I didn't want to mention Bama could schedule UNLV, or Utah State. Oh, there's William & Mary ... 🤷‍♂️

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
So, if I happened to mention the economic impact the city of Tuscaloosa will receive from scheduling Utah State, or any of the others...

It's the same thing I've been saying for years. And reality hits.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Reaction score
Right...wouldnt matter who or when bama played....to Tuscaloosa or to bama program itself...
Heck...Aday has a hugh impact.... ( to Tuscaloosa...to bama not so much since its free).....
We just want football....and be safe while having...
Looks like there will be football....
The biggest questions are.....how many and who attend.......

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
While there is nothing definite there is growing "concern" over the possibility of USC not playing this game. It's definitely on the table out there. It's also being reported that one of the four teams mentioned earlier in this thread, TCU, is open to the idea of replacing USC in Arlington for the season opener.

Here's something that may not sit well with a few. I'd rather see Bama play TCU. What does USC bring to the table in a season opener? I know Patterson's 4-2-5 (hybrid) would be a nice challenge for Sark, Mac, and company.

Top Bottom