FTBL Brandon Kennedy to transfer (Alabama blocking certain schools.)

TerryP

I do my own stunts but never intentionally.
ADMINISTRATION
Quite an impact in this one considering he was #2 going into the fall.

TerryP

ADMINISTRATION
And if you guys missed this ... Brandon did graduate in December of last year. Kid moved through school quickly.

Daaaaang. Kind of a bummer. But can't blame him since Saban is moving someone over into his position... Probably feels like no better opportunity to play than now, and if not now, when?

Good luck to him

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Echoing everyone elses sentiments. Excellent job graduating, best of luck moving forward, and hopefully we can fill that depth void.

TerryP

ADMINISTRATION
But can't blame him since Saban is moving someone over into his position.
I'm a little lost on what you're talking about here unless is about the reps Jonah received this spring at center. He finished the spring where he started but there's been discussions for awhile within the MMC about looks at guard and center. He fits the mold of Jones--a guy who knows all the assignments, for all the positions, along the line.

Here's the thing we have to keep in mind. Not only are there discussions about Williams at center guys like Casher, Pettibon, and Owens have taken reps there as well...and at guard. Kennedy was the back-up, but looking at guys like those three repping with the 2's...nipping his heels, if you will.

It would have been a perfect storm if Emil Ekiyor could have been a January enrollee and participated in spring camp. He's going to get looks at both positions this fall.

But can't blame him since Saban is moving someone over into his position.
I'm a little lost on what you're talking about here unless is about the reps Jonah received this spring at center. He finished the spring where he started but there's been discussions for awhile within the MMC about looks at guard and center. He fits the mold of Jones--a guy who knows all the assignments, for all the positions, along the line.

Here's the thing we have to keep in mind. Not only are there discussions about Williams at center guys like Casher, Pettibon, and Owens have taken reps there as well...and at guard. Kennedy was the back-up, but looking at guys like those three repping with the 2's...nipping his heels, if you will.

It would have been a perfect storm if Emil Ekiyor could have been a January enrollee and participated in spring camp. He's going to get looks at both positions this fall.
Piersbacher.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Read where Tennessee just told their incoming grad transfer OL that there wasn't any room and they have their eyes on someone else. A lot of vols think it's Brandon Kennedy.

Nobody wants to be #2 anymore....I wonder what Nick told the player a couple weeks back after the spring drills. Nick said he meets with each player after spring drills. Bama does have a highly ranked center coming this summer.

M

Matt Zenitz | mzenitz@al.com

Alabama is again blocking a player from joining another SEC school as a graduate transfer.

Alabama is again blocking a player from joining another SEC school as a graduate transfer.

Redshirt sophomore offensive lineman Brandon Kennedy is interested in transferring to Auburn or Tennessee but isn't even currently allowed to have contact with those schools, any other school in the SEC or any of the Crimson Tide's future non-conference opponents, sources told AL.com.
Kennedy, who ended the spring as Alabama's backup center, is in the process of appealing.

The Wetumpka native graduated from Alabama in December and is close to completing the requirements for his master's degree.

Brandon Kennedy's Alabama release document. (obtained by AL.com)

This is two years after the Alabama-Maurice Smith situation.

Smith was initially blocked from leaving the Tide for Georgia as a graduate transfer before eventually being allowed to do so by Alabama and the SEC.

There have been at least two SEC players that transferred within the conference as graduates in the last year -- running back David Williams, who left South Carolina for Arkansas, and defensive back Nick Harvey, who recently transferred from Texas A&M to South Carolina.

"The standard for granting waivers has been clear and compelling evidence that there is reason for allowing an exception to SEC rules," Sankey said in 2016. "I found, among other contributing factors, that a student-athlete who graduates in three years and exhibits a strong commitment to his or her academic future provides compelling motivation to help them achieve their goals on and off the field."

Matt Zenitz | mzenitz@al.com
Alabama blocking departing player from transferring to SEC schools

Last edited by a moderator:

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Why in the world would Kennedy insist on the 2 places that should get his own blood boiling? Reall weird when players do this. Then it sort of feels like someone is trying to get even for something. But as always, it will be a bad look for us and in the end, he is a grad transfer and if he cites a study he needs elsewhere he will probably get the same speech Georgia and Mo Smith got from the SEC office about hour completion and be on his way.

Why in the world would Kennedy insist on the 2 places that should get his own blood boiling? Reall weird when players do this. Then it sort of feels like someone is trying to get even for something. But as always, it will be a bad look for us and in the end, he is a grad transfer and if he cites a study he needs elsewhere he will probably get the same speech Georgia and Mo Smith got from the SEC office about hour completion and be on his way.
Wasn't he originally committed to Auburn? Maybe that was someone else..