| MBB/WBB Bracketology 2020-21 season.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I guess I had higher expectations as I was hoping for a Sweet 16 appearance. Making the tournament was a big deal, but I wanted to make it out if the first weekend and felf we had the chance with Petty back. I knew we'd have the pieces, but thinking of yesteryear knew it wouldn't come easy and was sadly bracing for uncertainty of a bubble team. The season has definitely been a positive experience, and technically more accomplished than even my high hopes to this point. I wasn't expecting an SEC regular season title or even a real good shot at the conference tournament title.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
With Bama and UArk being the only two teams with a shot at the regular season title the idea of Bama having to play 18 games and UArk only 17 just doesn't sit right. I get the floated idea that the SEC offices were after as close to a normal season as they could (which normally has 18 games.) But adding UGA? What does it accomplish? The Bulldogs are 10th in the SEC standings (two games below .500,) 14-9 overall with little to no chance of making to the dance without a tournament title.

I could see scheduling the Tide against a bubble team from the conference. This game? It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Yes. Lunardi "updates" his projections following mid-week games. He normally has a new bracket out on Friday's.

Based on what we've seen over the last several weeks it's my opinion we see the B1G with two teams as #1 seeds. I'd say UM, the 'Zags, and Baylor are locks.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Arkansas is playing good ball... I'm convinced instead of getting tough underneath they're playing for the foul.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Michigan is a good team. No doubt. Jalen Rose is _____ ?

I'm amused at his appearance on Sportscenter where he's talking about this years team, their chances of winning the tournament, and he's saying, "I'm finally going to get a ring." I don't recall hearing a former player, in any sport, claiming a ring when they're 20 years removed from the program.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Looking around the conference this morning with only a couple of games left there's a lot of movement that could happen with seeds 4-8 in the SEC tournament.

Right now, according to KenPom, LSU is expected to keep their #4 seeding in the tournament. They're projected to squeak by Missouri (favored by 1.) A Missouri win against LSU would give Tennessee the last double bye.

If things remain the same Bama will get the winner of the UK vs MSU (#8 v #9) Friday morning. Like LSU, Kentucky is a dog playing at Ole Miss. A win by the 'Cats and they jump up a seed going out of Bama's bracket.

Elderfalsedemigod

Not an alter...maybe an altar
Century Club
Reaction score
They play who they play but I am not a fan of playing UK again right out of the gate in the conf tourney. JMO

Top Bottom