| MBB/WBB Bracketology 2020-21 season.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
UPDATE schedule release:

LSU has been scheduled to play Ole Miss, on the road, Wednesday night. It'll make the second time LSU has played Ole Miss on the road this season. (75-61 LSU win.)

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Odds for Bama to win it all was running @ +3000 about three weeks ago. That money line has almost been cut in half (averaging around +1500.)

A lot of the brackets haven't been updated as of yet. On Bracket Matrix Bama is averaging a 2.06 seed; 6th ranked team behind the Illini. Their worst seeding is as a #3 seed.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
A lot better to be talking higher seedings than the bubble. Until this year it was ground hog day all over again.

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Last week, Bama was a 7 seed and looking to be placed with Zaga. As a 5 seed, would Bama get moved into OSU's bracket? I'd rather have Bama in Zaga's bracket. With their horrific schedule, they might be lucky to get to the final four. Maybe not...They're kind of like Clemson in that regard.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Last NET update was Tuesday, the 16th, with Kentucky still at #76. Their win last night over Vandy may be enough to push them to 75 or lower (Q2) which would leave Bama playing 16 of its 22 games in Q1/Q2 with no losses in Q3 competition.

UK has jumped into the low 60's on KP (which tends to mirror the NET closely.)

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
In this one he has Bama out of the 'Zags bracket and now seeded with Ohio State in that "regional" and it looks favorable for the Tide to meet OU again for a spot in the Elite 8. (OSU is 6th in the NET rankings this morning.)

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
NET: UK's win pushes them up to 64; 77 before the Vols giving Bama those two additional wins in Q2. And once again showing how fluid the NET rankings can be—a daily snapshot—Bama drops from 7th to 8th.

BracketMatrix is now up to 103 brackets that they're tracking daily. Bama is a solid two seed across the board (one bracket has Bama at a #3 seed.) They're ranked 6th overall.

KenPom has Bama at #8.

Bama Club
Reaction score
Sometimes I don't get the NET numbers we moved from 8 to 7 with the Houston loss to WSU since then Houston has not played. We now have one more win and Houston moved back to 7 and we are 8 makes no sense.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
That's one of the reasons I say daily snapshot. And then there's the context of it all. Kentucky's win helps Bama just like Tennessee's loss hurts.

Barring something really weird this is really all that I wanted out of this season. All I hoped for was to be one of the top four for the byes in the tourney. I hoped for the round of 32.

Damn good season.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
This... Going to find out for sure. I think this team when hitting their shots can play with anyone. When marginal they have found ways to win. if they pull all 3 off maybe they are ready to rumble. I think they will drop at least 1 if not 2 just based on how they have been playing but hope not. Sure hope they do not drop all 3. I think they peaked but if they can get healthy you never know. Would be nice to find that stroke and get momentum going into tourney.

Not sure how this works, could they get a chance to reschedule and play the A&M game?

Top Bottom