| GAME THREAD 🏆 Bowl Season 2019-2020 🏆

jlabit

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
LSU loses Burrow after this year. He is their 2019 football team.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Big take away is how aggressive the LSU defense has been... And their IMPROVEMENT over the course of the season.

Of course they're giving up some points, even committing penalties... But they're flying around. They've impacted the QB all night, created negative plays, etc. LB's are active as hell. That used to be the Bama D in big games.

Got to get back to making plays next season. Pass rushers and LB's. No more of this soft, passive, hope we don't lose defense. Offenses are going to make plays, you have to be aggressive and turn the tables on a handful of series' each game with negative plays. Get them playing behind the chains like LSU has done multiple times tonight.

The secondary is only as good as the front 7. Even with the penalties by LSU secondary, their aggressiveness has overcome it. Their D improved the way ours hasn't the last couple of years... Next year should be different! RTR

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Agree with you Stalker. I’ll add that LSU standing tall on 3rd downs has been huge. Clemson 1-11 in 3rd. They’ve brought pressure some and dropped 8 back. Kept Lawrence uneasy.

I do believe Lawrence is a good QB. He’ll have another big year next year. And he’ll be the #1 pick in the draft. Probably do pretty well in the League. He has the tools you need to be successful at the next level. He’s definitely off tonight.

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
I gotta say it’s nice to see someone hand 630 yards on a Venables defense. Just wish we were the ones to do it. Hope Dabo doesn’t blame refs and stuff. Or play the victim role he likes to play.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Ross and Higgins have helped him more than you and a lot of others are willing to admit. Just look at the game against us and the one handers and behind the back grabs. He's a solid talent, but to say he has outplayed Tua like Herbstreit eluded is comical to me.

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Agree. It takes good WRs, for us to be so successful too. But he did outplay Tua last year. You disagree? Tua had 2 INTs, 50 less yards, more attempts and just as good of a WR Corp. Herby was talking about in the N.C. game. Tua didn’t have his best game, Lawrence played pretty well. In my opinion. Hard to say Tua had the better game that night.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
This thread is missing something! o_O
That right!!!!

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!

Top Bottom