| PRO Birmingham Iron suffers 1st loss to the San Antonio Commanders 12-11.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Century Club
Reaction score

Not bad...….Starter must have been the only group that bid on the uniforms for the new league. I hope they all have success. Players making near 80K per season doing what they love. I wish them great health and injury luck.

Last edited:

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
One thing to like about this league, no treating QB like they are special.

Just ask Matt Simms I think he stay on his back last night more than any! But he will be in the AAF record book, for first INTs, and first int return for a TD!

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Century Club
Reaction score
Bham out front 9 to zip at the half. Hass,Kirvin,and Dominick Jackson are the right side of the Iron OL. Trent is just too slow. North and South is his thing and East and West is a waste of time.

EasyTider

Attention Whore
Bama Club
Reaction score
MFBATR scores first TD in franchise history and follows it up with 2pt conversion catch.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
The good: B'ham has a scrappy bunch and the quality of football was super, especially for our first game. I like Perez at QB a lot. And we shut them out. Trent finally got it going in the 4th quarter. And we actually have a decent field goal kicker.

The bad: Did the refs buy those uniforms in the boy's section?

The ugly: Calling an unsportsmanlike penalty for Trent spiking the ball in the endzone.

PS, Memphis had the wrong "berg" at QB. Only Singletary would select Hackenberg over Mettenberger.

RollllTide!

HEY Get up your killing the grass!
Bama Club
Reaction score
Birmingham shut them out Trent Richardson was the hero of the game. I think it was 26 to zip. I didn't see the ending.

It is fast paced but not true about no commercials. They show them in a pip style.

RollllTide!

Bama Club
Reaction score
Would be fun on Sunday to ride a bus from a joint like PT's in Mountain Brook, like we did in the 80s with the stallions. Is PTs still there.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Ticket prices are decent. Looking at the Atlanta-Birmingham game in Atlanta you can find seats for $20 if you don't mind being end zone upper level. The lower level 50 yard line seats seem to run about $200 which is really high to me. There are some decent seats in the lower level for the $40 range though so it isn't horrible. The iron, on the other hand, have nothing in the first maybe 10 rows available for their next home game but their other tickets run $19-60 from what I can tell. they do have a $200 a spot standing section in one endzone.

rick4bama

Scholarship Club
Reaction score
The good: B'ham has a scrappy bunch and the quality of football was super, especially for our first game. I like Perez at QB a lot. And we shut them out. Trent finally got it going in the 4th quarter. And we actually have a decent field goal kicker.

The ugly: Calling an unsportsmanlike penalty for Trent spiking the ball in the endzone.

PS, Memphis had the wrong "berg" at QB. Only Singletary would select Hackenberg over Mettenberger.
Last night game and Atlanta player caught the ball at the sideline and put a spin on the ball on the field. That got no flag! But I do like the way it giving call a better way. Had a TD that the Lady in the booth said it wasn't a catch, and then it was one. She had another one that the on field crew say it was a catch. It took her about two or three min. before saying it was a catch. All the time you could hear her talking with anouter person about the call.

By the way, Trent was so happy to be bad in Bama playing football!

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score

Hackenerg was terrible but Mettenberger was not even active, which should tell you how great his training camp has been.

Loved the first game. The league officials in the press box were top notch and everything went smooth. The team has a lot of potential. Perez may legit end up being the best QB in the league, which is priceless because Vegas gave the Iron the worst chance of making winning the championship after the AAF QB Draft based solely on that pick. Tim Lewis and his staff clearly saw something in this young man and have done a great job with him. The biggest negative was the offensive line. Perez had guys in his face all day and Richardson and Perkins were getting hit in the backfield almost as soon as they got the handoff multiple times. Still, they seemed to settle in and wear down the d in the fourth and we got a chance to see what feeding Richardson late in a game can do for a team.

Also, that penalty on Trent was because the ball went into the stands, not because he spiked it.

Last edited:

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I have plenty of Rokus and Firesticks but it looks like you have to pay for the app.
You can just stream that game on AAF.com instead. All games, except the ones on CBS Sports Network, will also stream for free on AAF.com.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken their big launch was during the Phil vs Tiger PPV match several weeks ago. Not only did they have issues with people being able to log in and watch, they ended up making the event free to any that happened to login online. I also recall reading another article where they had more technical issues.

IF the game is THAT important to you this afternoon...I'd be cautious relying on their stream.
Birmingham only has one game total that will even be on B/R Live (I think week 5 or 6), and you can just stream it on their website if thats such an issue.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Birmingham only has one game total that will even be on B/R Live (I think week 5 or 6), and you can just stream it on their website if thats such an issue.
It wasn't an issue yesterday. After seeing this ...

It was virtually impossible to get me to watch the debut of the Iron versus the final round at Pebble Beach.

And if you're wondering, that's the hail that stop play during the final round.

Pebble Beach

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
I saw more than a handful of reports pointing to how the AAF had higher ratings than the NBA game Saturday night. The vast majority thought that was notable. As I recall, it was something like a 2.1 share versus a 2.0 share for the NBA.

What no one mentioned, at least that I read, was a mention of the numbers when the XFL debuted. As I recall it was over four times as many watched versus what the AAF drew Saturday night.

A new league versus one that has a selective type of audience. Reality is we have a group of NBA watchers and a group that don't watch until the playoffs. A new football league is going to attract viewers for the simple reason, it's new.

It's my opinion the AAF is looking to become a developmental league for the NFL. If they are able to fill that niche, it'll be around a long time. But, there's one catch in my view. The longer Vince is around the league--even with his monetary contributions--the worse it will be in terms of being accepted as a legit football league.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
If you are talking about Vince McMahon, he is not involved in the AAF. He is trying to get another XFL going now. Bob Stoops was hired as the first of their coaches last week for a kick off next year.

rick4bama

Scholarship Club
Reaction score
Yes the AFF and XLF are two different type. One is football the other is entertainment!

Executives[edit]
Board of Directors[edit]
Look at the guy that are running this too!

RollllTide!

Bama Club
Reaction score
I recorded the Saturday night game &watched it later. Watched the Sunday game live. I would bet Sunday afternoon will have more watching live.

Top Bottom