| FTBL Bill O'Brien Expected to be the Next OC

c5vetman

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
So what exactly are we getting with Bill o'Brien? I honestly have never paid him any attention, other than what happened with the Texans. I don't remember ever hearing that he was a great offensive mind like Sark or Lane... will it be a big change to the offense from this year?

TideatMileHigh

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
OC with Pats in 2011 in a year where they went to the SB with the number 1 offense

Successful at PSU in a situation that was quite grim at the time.

Coached Christian Hackenburg to become a decent true freshman QB at PSU.

HC at Texans where he only had two losing seasons from 2014-2020.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Sumlin would be back home in Alabama. Imagine he's still got family in Alabama. At this stage in life, that may be important.

Reaction score
Hopefully Nick can hold on to these others assistant coaches that have offers otherwise this will be complete rebuild like after the 2017 NC. Perhaps by next Friday we'll have better understanding of the staff.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Saban does not make very many mistakes when it comes to staff hires. Promoting the Tosh is the worse one I can remember. I do recall several I have questioned like Kiffin but guess what I was wrong ...

T&B

Century Club
Reaction score
Still no word on what Tom Herman will do.

bamaledge

Vigilate, et audax
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Seems to me that Sumlin is a cancer who props himself up with what other people have done an not truly built anything in his own. I don’t want him anywhere near Tuscaloosa.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
A cancer? That's an extreme perspective in my opinion. Don't know what why someone would have that view on Kevin Sumlin.

Top Bottom