| FTBL Bill O'Brien Expected to be the Next OC

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Ok lets go ahead and finish this debate, Young will win the Heisman :). Of course tongue in cheek but Young will be fine. He needs reps and playing time. He will get great coaching. Will he have a Jones type year? Extremely doubtful since I have only seen one of those in my 50+ years watching Bama football.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I am basing this on the fact that I have never seen an offense or QB have this kind of year at Bama. Have you? I hope that he does but hard to see how you repeat what we just saw. I guess we said the same thing about Jones and Tua coming into this year but we had continuity in the OC which we will not have in 2021. I think Young will have a really good year so maybe instead of averaging 48+ points per game it will be something like 43+. Not chump change for sure.

As far as the D, I think they kept getting better and better as the year went on. I would expect to see that side of the ball as one of our strengths next year. Probably good topic for its own thread.

Reaction score

Ole Mack is perhaps the best decision maker Bama has had at QB in many years. He has a great touch on the ball both long and short throws. Thy guy is just smart and has football savvy. I have no clue if he can make it in the NFL for the QB position in the NFL is just another animal. Mack could make himself several million on draft day and give his best shot for a couple of years. Then he can go the Pointe Vedra and setup his insurance business and enjoy life. The north end of A1A is beautiful.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
You reminded me of an article from a couple of years ago, went back and found it regarding college QBs and insurance sales. It has a reference to Tom Brady getting drafted and exclaiming, "now I don't have to sell insurance!" I may have shared it before, but it goes to the local celebrity of standout players who don't make it in the NFL.

RTR,

Tim

Attachments

Rolltide24

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
Funny about the insurance sales. In the Shoals area there’s several billboards for a State Farm agent that was a RB at Bama. Or a guy that shares his name... Drawing a blank on who it is, but I always wonder if that’s the RB. Edit. Kenyatta Jones. Played at UNA, not UA. Sorry. Used to watch him
Play when I was young.

Davestwin

Registered
Reaction score
I would not have had O’Brien anywhere on my Top Ten list for the OC position. When was the last time he was an OC? How many years has he spent as an OC? Coach Saban has earned our trust so I’m not complaining ... I’m just very much surprised. I thought he would bring in someone who has recently designed and called plays.

Reaction score
Saw this on the Rant...

Quote.........

I just heard on the Bill King show, Pete has an interview to be the LSU defensive coordinator.
As we know, Miss State's Zach Arnett bombed in his interview.

Top Bottom