| FTBL Big Ten picks up the ball put on their big girl panties

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Big 10 says they will play an 8 game conference only schedule and play their conference title game on Dec 19th. @planomateo MONEY is indeed the play and they were going to lose a ton of it if they didn't get someone into the CFP. Ohio State has already had 2 of their players that "opted out" to ask to be reinstated.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Last edited:

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Oh yeah indeed about recruiting and $$$. Did any of you guys hear Ogeron's comments yesterday saying most if his team had gotten COVID-19? Was getting hammered a little bit about his casual comment about that saying he was making light of it.

c5vetman

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
I'm sure the boosters and other supporters of the schools had more to do with getting football back this fall than anyone else, Trump or Biden included. You know how much money football alone brings into a school, and if you consider how many donations were more than likely threatened to be withdrawn if they didn't play, the school presidents had no other choice. The problem is, they're blowing smoke and making it sound like they adopted all of these amazing new medical strategies that somehow made it possible instead of owning up to the fact that they couldn't survive without the MONEY. TV contracts, donations, ticket and (mostly) merchandise revenue probably account for most of their funding for academics. It doesn't matter how high their academic standards and fears for player safety are (in their propaganda, at least), if most of their donors cut off funding because they want to see football (or profit from it), the schools will severely be hurting.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Ohio State better hope they get a decent schedule, 8+1 may not stack up against the other leagues when the fat lady sings.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
I don't think it would matter. Fields will light up that shitty schedule and the members will vote in a team with the best Natty odds in Vegas before they canceled Fall sports in the Big Ten. The only way they get left out is if two SEC schools go undefeated into the SEC Championship and it's a close game. Then I think you have Clemson, Oklahoma, and two SEC schools that have played two extra games and were undefeated in the best league in America. If there is only one undefeated team, I think Ohio State is in no matter what, if they are unbeaten of course. One loss and they are doomed.

Top Bottom