| FTBL Big Ten picks up the ball put on their big girl panties

Destiny's Child

It's Rolling Baby
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Apparently they are finally going to man up and play.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Well enjoy missing out on the Natty. Not going to be played in freaking March. Dumbasses.

Destiny's Child

It's Rolling Baby
Extra Point Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
mid October is what I hear. I will be curious to see what the PAC 12 and the land of fruit and nuts will do. I bet they come out of no where to opt in and schedule a late February rose bowl as a spilt national champ.

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Joining so late, it seems to be their only option, although Warren would love for Michigan and OSU to play a school like Youngstown St. or Jax St...You know, to prove they're the best teams around. Hey, it works for Clemson, right?

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I'm happy for the players as well. Middle finger to everyone that stood in their way and postponed this like they did. People want to complain at every.little.thing Trump does, but his tweet and apparent phone call got this ball rolling, and then the players and their families came out and finished it. I'm also happy they got called out on their bluff. Actually says A LOT about the SEC, Big 12, and ACC that they didn't fall in line and held strong.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I wasn't going to bring politics into this thread since I know some are tired of seeing it pop up all the time, but it's been mentioned now (and is part of this), so...

Biden had been running this ad in B1G country. Looks pretty foolish now (well, it looked fooling the entire time), and it's why I don't care that Trump is going to take credit for getting the B1G season back on track. How much did he have to do with it? I don't know. Very little I'd guess, but if Biden was bold enough to make an ad like that, Trump has every right to run victory laps on it from now until election day. And I hope he does.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
I think they believed they'd force everyone's hand initially and that didn't work. They underestimated the southern stubborness.

This is a money play, at least that's my opinion. Lots of businesses rely on college athletics.

That being said...what's up with the Pac12?

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Wondering how this will impact their recruiting season.

I'm looking forward to hearing /seeing the Pac12 walk this back. I don't think they will, but they are the B1Gs little brother.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
Playing football is only step 1. What about other Fall sports? How man fans will be let into each stadium? Tailgating?

Top Bottom