| FTBL Besides "ouch," what's your thoughts on the block Anderson took?

mando

Sideline Club
I missed the play live. First I have seen a replay. Probably will not be popular but seems like an ok football play to me. The RB was probably giving up at least 50 lbs to Anderson so he was not going to try and block him high.

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
Crimson Tide Club
I have no problem with that block. The result stinks of course, but the guy did his job. I used to aim for thighs, not knees, but had to go low due to size differences.

bamafan9201

Sideline Club
This is why wing T and option offenses are not the vest to schedule. Unfortunate but it’s the hand we are dealt this year might be without both of our top tier OLBs this year. Next man up mentality

mando

Sideline Club
This is why wing T and option offenses are not the vest to schedule. Unfortunate but it’s the hand we are dealt this year might be without both of our top tier OLBs this year. Next man up mentality
This is not what I am hearing. Hearing it is not a major injury but that is only a single report from Suttles.

Have you heard differently?

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Between the tackles or not, the cut block needs to go! They penalize “blind side or crack back blocks” because of “safety” yet shit like this happens continuously. Shit happened to Hightower back in the day against Arky and happened to D Hand as well against Ole Piss.

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
Crimson Tide Club
It stinks, but I'd be hitting everyone of y'all that's bigger than me below the waste if we were lined up opposite one another. Ha, throw a 6'4 - 250 pound best defensive player in the country across from me and you bet your sweet ass I'd be going low in efforts of doing my job.

When your athletic department schedules these programs of much inferior teams, you better get used to it. They are looking for any edge they can due to the size and speed differentials. Hard to blame them. They're just doing their job with the tools they have.

@UAgrad93 named a few other instances, so it'll never be fully eradicated, but I'm willing to say 98% of it is curbed by scheduling bigger programs.

Top Bottom