| FTBL BDS?

tider79

Registered
Reaction score
Happy New Year guys....Does anybody have any recent photos of the construction at BDS? If they were previously posted and I missed them I apologize.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
You can find a lot of them at Greg Byrne's Twitter

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
@tider79, glad you started this thread. I thought about posting something like it earlier when I saw the tweets from Byrne, specifically the one of the media box. @OldPlayer was it you ... talking about where they were going to be stuck?

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Yup. I mentioned that they're moving it to the other side and the question of which side would be the home side. The current home side gets shade earlier which is a benefit. The "new" side is where Coach Bryant had the team and allowed the cameras to see his face, not his butt.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
We know the cameras are not moving even if the press boxes are. I have not seen an answer to any of the rest of these though.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
How do we know this? They won't want to do the wiring to have cameras on both sides (they'll still need to do the broadcasters' on set recaps and pregame intros) and wiring replay monitors in addition to all the cameras to a single production truck will be a nightmare. It will be a production nightmare.

rocknthefreeworld

Verified Member
Century Club
Reaction score
I have seen another tweet asking about it and the answer was they won't move. The broadcasters and cameras are definitely on different runs so they ahve to run 2 no matter what.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
You're referring to the fiber optics and their runs? I'd wondered about that and believe we touched on that very thing a few weeks ago when we were all discussing the renovations. As I recall they are only a few years removed from their latest upgrade (which would be the second since the launch of SECN and the studios they built within Bryant Denny.)

Top Bottom