| MBB/WBB Baylor WBB coach, Kim Mulkey, headed to LSU.

bamanc50

Sideline Club
Great hire for LSU. She will probably have the Tigers in the NC game in 2-3 years. Meanwhile us Bama fans will get back to the NCAA tournament for the second year in a row under the leadership of a weak 10 year HC.

mando

Sideline Club
She was born in the state of Louisiana. She attended college at La. Tech. The notion "coming home" is a bit of a misnomer. To me, it's about like saying an athlete that played ball at UAB would be "coming home" if he decided to coach at Auburn.
Yeah that was the "hint" that made me ask. I guess that is close enough of an incentive for her to over look the cultural and leadership issues in Baton Rouge.

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
This hire should do wonders for the LSU ladies program. Mulkey was a star at L Tech, made a huge name for herself and program at Baylor and now is coming home. This years recruiting class is not hers but just wait until next season. Oh my!

TerryP

Ivory Club
Yeah that was the "hint" that made me ask. I guess that is close enough of an incentive for her to over look the cultural and leadership issues in Baton Rouge.
Orgeron has a little more room to stand with his "coming home" in spite of quitting the LSU football team as a frosh.

TerryP

Ivory Club
This hire should do wonders for the LSU ladies program. Mulkey was a star at L Tech, made a huge name for herself and program at Baylor and now is coming home. This years recruiting class is not hers but just wait until next season. Oh my!
Pokey filled the seats at PMAC before she got caught up in her own "sexual scandal" with a student. (Institutional issues? Anyone?) When she was fired the program took a nose dive.

It's reasonable to believe Mulkey will pack the house again. The thing is it'll be needed when the sanctions come down on football and basketball. It'll be a much needed revenue source. (Their baseball team, normally very much in the black, has taken a nose dive this season as well resulting in loss of revenue.)

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
@TerryP
@mando

whats really sad is.....she wanna the LaTech job before she went to Baylor....
And LaTech was upper crust of WBB....but on the down slide...( and has been since)

and the idiot president of LaTech....would not approve a long term contract...
Which she said she wanted n needed to build program backto upper level...

As most know...I am a hugh fan of hers....
I Hate it her going to lsu....she will build a great program there...

Top Bottom