| MBB/WBB Battle in Seattle ~ No. 16 Alabama 91, No. 3 Gonzaga 82. I

mando

Sideline Club
Great game! Just curious, Bama went away from their usual game plan for most of the second half. Driving for 2 vs. shooting 3's. Was Gonzaga doing something to make us change?
Yes Gonzaga started playing the 3 point line tightly and giving them the dribble and drive but of course Bama had to execute on those.

mando

Sideline Club
Indeed things have started to click for Davison. That was great to see. If Bama gets Quinerly, Shackelford and Davison playing well look out. Having those three on the same team, it is likely at least one of the three will be on any given night. But as with the football team we need to check ourselves and not believe the hype but keep working and improving.

Bammerboy321

Century Club
Bama is having to play the refs as well as Gonzaga. This is why I don’t like basketball. Officiating is horrible.
I went back and watched. Unfortunately this was inevitable. With the way Gonzaga - and particularly Drew Timme - play, they always generate a lot of calls. It was egregiously bad. Minus a few lapses, I thought we played as disciplined as we ever have under Oats on defense. Charlie Henry was visibly upset early on and I think that's when things started to turn in our favor.

Bammerboy321

Century Club
Just one big note from the game: there isn't a single defender that can stay in front of Quinerly. It's not just his incredible handles or speed. This guy has incredible court vision and knows how to breakdown the defense.

This was Shack's best game ever in a crimson uniform. He makes some interesting shot selections, but they work. He's a magician, period.

I freaking love Charles Bediako. He is a relentless big man who can run, protect the rim, and dominate the boards. I don't think he will be around next season.

The guard depth on this team make us a final four contender. Miles is contributing more than I thought he would this year. Oats coached him really hard in garbage time last season, and it's paying dividends. Davison has been night and day. That dunk looked like he was shot out of a cannon. On top of this all, they're so unselfish. When we push the ball upcourt, you can see the chemistry these guys have with each other. It just makes us so dangerous.

Top Bottom