| FTBL Based on yesterday's rotation after Waddle was injured, here's the WR depth chart we may see next weekend.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Smith,
Metchie,
and Bolden replacing Waddle.

The two's ran ...

Baker,
Holden,
and Lanier (walk-on, grad transfer from UNA.)

We didn't see X Williams or Jones Bell. Williams has played this season so we'll have to wait and see how that works out Saturday.

bamafan9201

Verified Member
Sideline Club
Reaction score
Bolden reminds me of (I know this might be a stretch but) Wes Welker. Very crisp and solid route running with compact strong frame able to fight for yards and make good catches over the middle/sidelines. However, that's still a big drop off from Waddle's productivity here, so there's just no way the offense will replicate his production with one person, will need to be a group of people.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Can't replace Waddles speed and the pressure he puts on the defense. He stretches the D and forces the D coordinators to scheme against him. Not implying Bolden will not be productive or a knock against him but Waddle is just a different animal.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Yep, can't replace a guy like that, but Bama is fortunate to have other weapons. Bolden will be fine, but he's not a guy who is going to be on the receiving end of 90 yard TD receptions against opponents like UGA. That's ok though. Sark has plenty to work with to keep the offensive machine humming. And now, the Tide might actually more returnable punts too. But man, I hate losing Waddle.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I bet he will be work on this week!

Top Bottom