| FTBL Bama vs Michigan re play

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Got a chance to re watch that baby Last night... Still depressed about the state of Sports and probability of not seeing legit College Football in 2020. But in the name of optimism and hopefully some fooozball next season - A few things I saw looking back

-C. Harris was our ONLY defender that flashed in the first half... Hopefully a sign of his very bright future.

-The D Line was not impressive vs the run or pass early on. Was kind of depressing TBH. So rare that we held gaps, let alone made plays. Pass rush was fairly non existent. Some young guys were getting good experience though... Eboigbe, Barrimore, Young & Allen all played a ton. Those guys have to become studs, not just look the part. I thought Allen would pop more... Learning on the job though.

-N. Harris was a beast. Just keeps coming. So impressed with how he finished the season... Would be an absolute travesty if we don't get to see him cash in on a huge Senior year

-Jobe had a solid outing! He's more physical than most corners. Kind of excited to see what he can do as a full timer (if he wins the job)

-Sure felt like Michigan was getting away with a lot of holding... Like, A LOT of it! :ROFLMAO:

-A little concerned if D. Wright ends up being a starter. Something missing there... Call it "Force" ? The same type of issue from the other 2 fellas that graduated

-Hard to understate what a difference D. Moses could make next year. We've discussed it so much, but his athleticism cleans up so many mistakes in that front 7.

-Mac had a nice game! The arm strength doesn't stand out, but he's got a nice feel for anticipating throws and trying to avoid sacks. He made a couple big throws and just avoided disasters... Even at the big time CF levels, teams lose games more than win them. He's not going to lose many games (I know...Auburn... But that was crazy)

-Punter Brenier actually had a good game! Put a couple inside the 5. On the other hand, kick return D was disappointing

Conclusion: D Stood up 2nd half... Looked a lot better. That may have been a much different game had we not gotten a 1st half roughing the passer break on a 3rd down deep in their territory. Was a borderline intentional grounding too... But I ain't complaining. The combo of Mac, Harris, Smith & Waddle looks lethal. Jobe & Battle looked like dudes that could make a difference next season. A lot of good experience against a pretty good team... With a legit D... Not the most exciting game ever, but a really solid win. RTR

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Some football conversation!!!! That is great. Yeah I recall being frustrated with the D in the 1st half but they played much better in the 2nd half for sure. A stud like Dylan Moses will make a huge difference. I expect the D to be much improved. May not be back to the great D's that Saban has had but should be good to very good.

bama alum

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
It's on one of the ESPN channels right now.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
NS know how to get them playing in the 2rd half!

Top Bottom