| FTBL Bama player Elias Ricks arrested

XXL TideFan

Seer
Bama Club
If there were to be an epidemic of jury nullification across the country then you may see real change on the “war on drugs” which has been used to fill for profit prison systems.
The legal system is just that there isn’t any justice in it.

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
I was like 16 or 17, I dont think I knew anything else lol
I've actually asked a few people that last few days when was the last time they saw a seed. No one said less than five years.

I recall seeing one since 2009? One. I mean, aside from seeds purchased. It was odd enough the gal saved it to show others, "Can you believe what I found?" You'd think she'd stumbled across some heirloom.

Rsedge72

Sideline Club
He made a mistake, we’ve all made mistakes. Doesn’t mean he’s stupid
Not a mistake!!!
Mistake is getting the wrong answer on a test or making a wrong turn. I’m not saying he’s a bad guy or stupid. He made conscience decision to do what he did.
This mistake crap is an excuse if it’s a mistake then why is law enforcement involved, mind boggling!

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
Not a mistake!!!
Mistake is getting the wrong answer on a test or making a wrong turn. I’m not saying he’s a bad guy or stupid. He made conscience decision to do what he did.
This mistake crap is an excuse if it’s a mistake then why is law enforcement involved, mind boggling!
A wrong turn is a traffic violation. Law enforcement's involvement came from a traffic violation, speeding. This started with something every driver has done; speed. Some may be able to say "I've never exceeded the speed limit by that much." None can say, they've not made the mistake of speeding.

Three mistakes here and the one I see the most attention paid to is the least of the three in "criminal penalty."

Before we jump to "weed > speeding," the fine for 21 mph over the limit is $227.50. The maximum fine for weed possession is $250, and with only a gram he's looking at their minimum, $100.

Again, the insurance is the story. That could be as much as a $500 fine and could end up costing him his drivers license for a year.

Crtuneman

Sideline Club
I think he gets suspended for one half against Utah. That's usually Saban's MO. But it actually goes through the player's council, I believe? So they will hand down the punishment? Is that right? And I agree that it wasn't that bad. The speeding and the weed are not the problem. I have a real problem with morons who refuse to get insurance. I was hit by a guy who didn't have insurance and it was a pain in the rear dealing with that. And usually the idiots who don't have insurance are the worst drivers.

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
A wrong turn is a traffic violation. Law enforcement's involvement came from a traffic violation, speeding. This started with something every driver has done; speed. Some may be able to say "I've never exceeded the speed limit by that much." None can say, they've not made the mistake of speeding.

Three mistakes here and the one I see the most attention paid to is the least of the three in "criminal penalty."

Before we jump to "weed > speeding," the fine for 21 mph over the limit is $227.50. The maximum fine for weed possession is $250, and with only a gram he's looking at their minimum, $100.

Again, the insurance is the story. That could be as much as a $500 fine and could end up costing him his drivers license for a year.

Is 21mph over not Super Speeder there? In Georgia if they get you with that you pay a good chunk of change. Don't get caught speeding in North Carolina either. Low speed limits, and they automatically make you come to court, regardless of where you live. On top of that their speeding fines are very expensive. They kill you with "court fees".

Rsedge72

Sideline Club

Turning on the wrong road is not a traffic violation….
You just end up in the wrong location.

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
Is 21mph over not Super Speeder there? In Georgia if they get you with that you pay a good chunk of change. Don't get caught speeding in North Carolina either. Low speed limits, and they automatically make you come to court, regardless of where you live. On top of that their speeding fines are very expensive. They kill you with "court fees".
25 mph.

JoshB

Scholarship Club
I've actually asked a few people that last few days when was the last time they saw a seed. No one said less than five years.

I recall seeing one since 2009? One. I mean, aside from seeds purchased. It was odd enough the gal saved it to show others, "Can you believe what I found?" You'd think she'd stumbled across some heirloom.

I don't think I've actually laid my eyes (in person) on the "devil's lettuce" in at least 7-8 years.

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
I don't think I've actually laid my eyes (in person) on the "devil's lettuce" in at least 7-8 years.
That's just wild.

I was at a house in Yeaman's Hall watching a crew work on a new build less than an hour ago. They are using field stone for the front porch. This type of work:

Screenshot 2022-05-12 2.55.24 PM.png

I watched them pull up, pull the bag, all five of them smoke.

The owner of that place also owns an establishment that's the oldest of its kind in both the city and state. They didn't care. It's just that commonplace. Those that smoke, smoke. Those that don't, don't. They're not hiding anything from each other.

Top Bottom